- 06-Jan-2021 to 05-Feb-2021 (CST)
- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
- Based on experience
- Full Time
Company offers a comprehensive benefits package
SOFTWARE ENGINEER III
Location: Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO
Salary Range: $74,963- $88,004 (based on experience)
Benefits: Stable work environment, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package: 401k Matching Program, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Leave and more!
A small business in Huntsville, AL focusing on providing DoD customers with efficient, cost-effective and innovative solutions in data management, software engineering, system engineering, test and evaluation support, information technology, and information system security, is seeking a Full-Time Software Engineer III to join their team at Schriever AFB in Colorado Springs, CO.
This position provides technical expertise for software development and sustainment of DoD systems, subsystems, and components. Software activities consist of architecture evaluation, code inspection, process and standards management, testing oversight, and change request management. The Software Engineer III will be responsible for interpreting requirements, writing, debugging, maintaining, and testing software for a variety of projects across multiple platforms.
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer-related field from an accredited college or university
- 6+ years of relevant experience to include C++ software development
- Knowledge of system/ software development life cycles and agile development practices
- Knowledge and ability in a variety of software engineering principles and concepts
- Familiarity with distributed computing systems and/ or real-time computing/ messaging systems
- Familiarity with Windows, UNIX, and/ or Linux operating systems
- Experience with System/ Software Integration and Test activities
- Ability to work at a government facility within a multi-contractor team environment
- Ability to work independently and act as a team lead
- Ability to interface with stakeholders, perform management functions, and develop requisite reports
- Current and ACTIVE Secret Security Clearance
- Master's Degree in a computer-related field
- Missile defense domain knowledge
- Experience with Software Baseline Control Management processes/ procedures
- Familiarity with MATLAB, ClearQuest, ClearCase, Oracle, MySQL, and SharePoint or related applications
- Familiarity with software CM processes and experience in a development environment
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes and tools (to include JIRA and Gitlab)
- Experience in complex system assessment/ analysis, with exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge of system architectures, networks, and operations
- Experience in engineering M&S systems using an optimistic discrete event simulation platform
- Experience with risk management, issue resolution, problem solving and customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
U.S. Citizenship Required
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
EOE: disability/ veteran
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!