- 08-Feb-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Pawleys Island, SC, USA
- Full Time
The Financial Analyst works directly with the Chief Financial Officer to review the monthly financial performance of operations as well as reviews expense and revenue trends to identify opportunities for improvement. This position also provides analysis related to new therapies and or business lines so that management has the ability to make informed decisions.
- 2 years working in a Financial Reporting environment.
- Graduate from an accredited school with a degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Ability to work independently.
- Desire to obtain additional knowledge in financial reporting and accounting.
- A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current
- Must be able to assume a flexible work
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in handling interactions with Palmetto Infusion staff, other agencies, groups, patients and families.
- Competent in use of company email as means of communication, accessing the company website to view company policies and electronic medical records.
- Competent in the use of company self-service payroll software (time and attendance, benefits, pay statements).
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office products and the ability to navigate Internet Explorer. Proficient in typing, word processing (Microsoft Outlook/Express, Word, Excel), and familiar with office equipment.
- Proficient in the operation of CPR+.
- This position requires a knowledge of, and sensitivity to, cultural and language differences.
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- There are a number of deadlines associated with this position. The employee must also multi-task and interact with a wider variety of people on various and, at times, complicated issues.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to frequently stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, talk and hear. There may be prolonged periods of sitting, keyboarding, reading, as well as driving or riding in transport vehicles. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include reading, distance, computer, and color vision. Talking and hearing are essential to communicate with patients, vendors and staff.
- Must be able to work as a team member and develop productive and cooperative working relationships with all members of the Palmetto Infusion team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares detailed annual financial budget and monthly financial forecasts in coordination with CFO.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitors variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Prepares periodic reviews of actual vs budget variances.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Creates project specific forecasts as needed to assist in decision making and success of projects.
- Works closely with VP of Procurement and VP of Payer Contracting to provide data to assist their reviews of contracts, etc. and to promote strong financial decisions.
- Provides financial analysis support to various areas of the company
- Stays current on regulatory changes impacting Palmetto Infusion.
- Takes initiative to present ideas and suggestions to leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
In performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees and contract employees of Palmetto Infusion are expected to conform to the following:
- Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards of the healthcare industry.
- Display a neat, clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Interact in an honest, trustworthy and dependable manner with patients, employees and vendors.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Maintain a current insurable driver's license.
- Maintain professional licensure, certification and health requirements as required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary functions of this job. Normal office conditions exist, and the noise level in the work environment can vary from low to moderate. Limited overnight travel may be required from time to time.
All employees must uphold the confidentiality of protected health information and follow all HIPAA policies. This position has access to sensitive information and a breach of information may be grounds for immediate termination.
Disclaimer: The information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Employees will be asked to perform other duties as needed.