- 27-Jan-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- West Columbia, SC, USA
- Full Time
Palmetto Infusion is seeking an Intake Coordinator for the office located in West Columbia, SC. The primary responsibility is to ensure that patient referral intake information is accurately entered into CPR+, email notification to sales and select staff, timely fax notification of referral to referring physician office. The Intake Coordinator functions as an integral member of a multidisciplinary clinical team which manages the care of ambulatory infusion patients. The IC works closely with the Insurance Case Managers and Nurse Managers (or designee) in providing and promoting customer service, process flow, operational integrity, quality care and process improvement along with high service standards.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and active RN or LPN license.
- RN with 2 years or LPN with 5 years of clinical experience.
- Medical terminology and coding.
- Strong organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
- Excellent internal and external customer service.
- A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers.
- Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule.
Essential Duties, Functions & Rersponsibilities
- Enters new patient demographics, insurance into CPR+. Scans and tags initial paperwork into medical record.
- Sends Initial Plan of Treatment to referral source, as applicable.
- Sends e-mail alerts on all new referrals.
- Sends Notification of referral to the referral source.
- Contacts patient and directs to Palmetto website for completion of Patient Admission form.
- Provides timely acceptance and completion of new referrals.
- Notifies clinical and insurance case managers of pending referral
- Responsible for initiating and tracking new referral checklist for completion.
- Check CPR+ for outstanding balances, coordinates with Reimbursement.
- Obtains referring MD notes for insurance authorizations.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively and express ideas clearly in a warm and helpful manner.
- Takes initiative to present ideas/suggestions to management; follows appropriate organizational lines in resolving questions, concerns and ideas.
- Utilizes CPR+ exclusively for the purposes of communicating and documenting patient information.
- Assists nurses and clinical manager in phone communication.
- Promotes Palmetto Infusion Services by providing quality, comprehensive services to all customers through a team approach.
- Participates in Palmetto Infusion Performance Improvement Program.
- Gives high priority to client satisfaction and anticipates customer needs.
- Provides excellent internal and external customer service by ensuring work meets quality standards; sets high goals or standards of performance for self; takes pride in his/her work and completes work on schedule.
- Demonstrates support and willingness to support sales activities.
- Demonstrates reliability and follow-through on all assigned tasks to ensure work meets quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in handling interactions with Palmetto Infusion staff, other agencies, groups, patients and families.
- Competent in use of company email as means of communication, accessing the company website to view company policies and electronic medical records.
- Competent in the use of company self-service payroll software (time and attendance, benefits, pay statements).
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office products and the ability to navigate Internet Explorer. Proficient in typing, word processing (Microsoft Outlook/Express, Word, Excel), and familiar with office equipment.
- Proficient in the operation of CPR+.
- This position requires a knowledge of, and sensitivity to, cultural and language differences.
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- There are a number of deadlines associated with this position. The employee must also multi-task and interact with a wider variety of people on various and, at times, complicated issues.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to frequently stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, talk and hear. There may be prolonged periods of sitting, keyboarding, reading, as well as driving or riding in transport vehicles. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include reading, distance, computer, and color vision. Talking and hearing are essential to communicate with patients, vendors and staff.
- Must be able to work as a team member and develop productive and cooperative working relationships with all members of the Palmetto Infusion team.
In performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees and contract employees of Palmetto Infusion are expected to conform to the following:
- Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards of the healthcare industry.
- Display a neat, clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Interact in an honest, trustworthy and dependable manner with patients, employees and vendors.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Maintain a current insurable driver's license.
- Maintain professional licensure, certification and health requirements as required for this position.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary functions of this job. Normal office conditions exist, and the noise level in the work environment can vary from low to moderate. Limited overnight travel may be required from time to time.
Other - All employees must uphold all principles of confidentiality and patient care to the fullest extent. This position has access to sensitive information and a breach of these principles will be grounds for immediate termination.
Disclaimer: The information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Employees will be asked to perform other duties as needed.
Palmetto Infusion is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran/national guard status of any similarly protected status. It is also the policy of the company to have the option of conducting pre-employment screening before a job offer is made. If a job offer is made, employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of a medical examination, which may include providing body substance samples.