- 09-Nov-2020 to Until Filled (EST)
- Birmingham, AL, USA
- Full Time
- Under the direction of the Reimbursement Supervisor or the Chief Reimbursement Officer, the Reimbursement Specialist is responsible for the billing and/or collections of assigned accounts.
- High school graduate (or equivalent).
- Comparable work experience.
- Minimum of two years' experience in a medical billing office.
- Billing experience with home infusion/DME, preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in medical coding (i.e.: HCPCS and ICD-9 coding).
- Well organized and completes assignments timely.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and communication skills.
- A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers.
- Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in handling interactions with Palmetto Infusion staff, other agencies, groups, patients and families.
- Competent in use of company email as means of communication, accessing the company website to view company policies and electronic medical records.
- Competent in the use of company self-service payroll software (time and attendance, benefits, pay statements).
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office products and the ability to navigate Internet Explorer.
- Proficient in typing, word processing (Microsoft Outlook/Express, Word, Excel), and familiar with office equipment.
- This position requires a knowledge of, and sensitivity to, cultural and language differences.
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- There are a number of deadlines associated with this position.
- The employee must also multi-task and interact with a wider variety of people on various and, at times, complicated issues.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to frequently stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, talk and hear.
- There may be prolonged periods of sitting, keyboarding, reading, as well as driving or riding in transport vehicles.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include reading, distance, computer, and color vision.
- Talking and hearing are essential to communicate with patients, vendors and staff.
- Must be able to work as a team member and develop productive and cooperative working relationships with all members of the Palmetto Infusion team.
Essential Duties, Functions & Responsibilities:
- Timely billing of claims for services, primary and/or secondary.
- Collections/follow-up of aging accounts.
- Maintain compliance with billing/collection procedures.
- Participate, when required, in end of-month closing process.
- Communicate with supervisor with suggestions for improvement of processes.
- Other requests as requested by management.