- 05-Aug-2020 to Until Filled (EST)
- Savannah, GA, USA
- Full Time
The purpose of the Clinical Nurse Practitioner is to provide clinical oversight for infusions being administered in Palmetto Infusion ambulatory infusion centers while also ensuring the delivery of infusion services is compliant with all payor, licensing, and credentialing bodies.
CLINICAL NURSE PRACTITIONER with experience in an acute care or family physician setting. Possesses strong knowledge of chronic disease states as well as current and emerging therapies.
Graduate from an accredited nurse practitioner program and active Advanced Practice Registered Nurse license in the state(s) where job performed.
Must demonstrate strong leadership skills.
A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers.
Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills in handling interactions with Palmetto Infusion staff, other agencies, groups, patients and families.
Competent in use of company email as means of communication, accessing the company website to view company policies and electronic medical records.
Competent in the use of Microsoft Office products and the ability to navigate Internet Explorer. Proficient in typing, word processing (Microsoft Outlook/Express, Word), and familiar with office equipment.
This position requires a knowledge of, and sensitivity to, cultural and language differences.
Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
There are a number of deadlines associated with this position. The employee must also multi-task and interact with a wider variety of people on various and, at times, complicated issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to frequently stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, talk and hear. There may be prolonged periods of sitting, keyboarding, reading, as well as driving or riding in transport vehicles. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include reading, distance, computer, and color vision. Talking and hearing are essential to communicate with patients, vendors and staff.
Must be able to work as a team member and develop productive and cooperative working relationships with all members of the Palmetto Infusion team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains strong knowledge of all existing and developing infusion therapies.
- Assists in the development of protocol and Plans of Treatment for new therapies added to company's s service line.
- Serves as a valuable resource to all clinical staff.
- When needed, represents Palmetto to referring physicians in matters regarding both general and specific patient services.
- When necessary, travels throughout the AIC service area to ensure the adequate coverage of all scheduled AIC clinic days.
- Provide guidance to Palmetto's administrative staff in the development of medical policies, programs, and procedures.
- Provide consultation to Palmetto's Quality Assurance committee and to the administrative staff.
- Assess/reassess patients admitted by Palmetto Infusion for injection/infusion services, and evaluate and respond to care.
- Assist Palmetto Infusion in the development and update of the patients' plan of treatment, to include transfer and discharge planning.
- Complete and sign off on required paperwork (assessments, communication notes, orders, and other related paperwork) on the day services are provided.
- Provide guidance to Palmetto Infusion's administrative staff in the development of medical policies, programs, and procedures. CNP may also provide consultation to Palmetto Infusion's quality assurance committee and to the administrative staff.
- Recommend Palmetto Infusion protocol changes as necessary. Review the medical necessity and appropriateness of service plans in unique cases. Audit a sample of patient records to ensure that service plans and their delivery are consistent with Palmetto Infusion policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends in the medical field, and share this knowledge with members of Palmetto Infusion's staff.
- Assist in the development and delivery of educational programs relating to patient services.
- Provide guidance for all services in the provision of patient care on an as-needed consultative basis for problem resolution.
- Provide consultation with respect to Palmetto Infusion's patient service policies and procedures jointly with Palmetto Infusion administrative staff.
- Provide consultation with respect to quality improvement, medical trends, marketing, education and related areas.
- Identify and evaluate present and potential needs and the resources in relation to the community and Palmetto Infusion programs.
- Attend quality assurance meetings.
- Perform nursing functions as needed.
- Oversee the infusions being administered in the Ambulatory Infusion Center (AIC).
In performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees of Palmetto Infusion are expected to conform to the following:
- Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards of the healthcare industry.
- Display a neat, clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Ability to travel throughout the state as needed.
- Interact in an honest, trustworthy and dependable manner with patients, employees and vendors.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Maintain a current insurable driver's license.
- Maintain professional licensure, certification and health requirements as required for this position.
All CLINICAL NURSE PRACTITIONERS must uphold all principles of confidentiality and patient care to the fullest extent. This position has access to sensitive information and a breach of these principles will be grounds for immediate termination.