- White Bear Lake, MN, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Health Savings Account, Generous Paid-Time Off Benefit, Bring Your Pet to Work Policy
PAI is seeking a strategic leader and connector to lead the organization's communications and fundraising programs. You will play a critical role in fulfilling the organization's mission by establishing and strengthening high-impact communications programming and maximizing multiple revenue streams including donations, major gifts, grants, sponsorships, events, and other corporate and foundation support. Reporting to the President, you will also serve as a key leadership team member in support of strategic decisions affecting PAI and the people we serve.
This exciting opportunity is well suited for talented communications and philanthropy leaders with a proven track record in advancement as well as sales and marketing professionals who are looking to apply their skill set to a meaningful mission while enjoying professional challenge and growth.
At PAI, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. We recognize and value the uniqueness of each individual. Our place can be anyone's place.
- Manage the ongoing design, implementation, and active evolution of communication channels and content to support growing financial results, extending to support of program enrollment, staff recruiting, volunteer engagement and other organizational goals. Baseline tools include social media, email marketing, public and media relations, website content management and site optimization, and direct marketing.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators or other metrics to quantify the effectiveness and return on investment of communications programs. Evolve the overall program to maximize results.
- Work with and manage return on investment of external resources including consultants, grant writers, lobbyists and industry associations to bring unique expertise and value where needed.
- Deliver and grow revenue using a range of campaigns and other activities, including PAI's participation in a collaborative, multi-agency, event-based visibility campaign.
- Expand grant revenue including support of current programming as well as program innovation and expansion.
- Engage with community leaders and members with an emphasis on identifying and engaging funding and operational partners in support of new and expanding program opportunities and other strategic objectives.
- Develop and manage relationships with a thoughtfully curated set of high-potential and major individual donors, institutional contacts and community organizations toward increased engagement and giving; implement a structure of thoughtfully curated board and senior manager contacts with individual and other donors and prospects.
- Play the lead role in soliciting donations and other contributions.
- Partner effectively with President, COO/VP of Operations, program managers and staff, Accounting Manager, and other stakeholders to bring perspective and insights to the organization and its planning and decision processes.
- Contribute formally and informally to ideation and problem resolution.
- Represent PAI and its mission in the community in ways that engender recognition, trust and engagement.
Background and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or any equivalent combination of experience and education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and delivering effective communications programs that result in measurable benefits to the organization and mission.
- Five years of demonstrated, quantified success in multi-channel fundraising roles.
- Successful, quantified experience identifying, writing, submitting and managing grants and associated processes.
- Entrepreneurial style and a bias for action.
- Supportive, inclusive leadership style, "roll up your sleeves" orientation.
- Impeccable ethics and integrity.
- Experience managing team members preferred.
Salary and Benefits
- Annual Salary $65,000-$72,000
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Generous Paid Time Off benefit
- Bring your pet to work policy
Headquartered in White Bear Lake, MN, PAI supports individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities with a wide variety of skills and interests. We offer opportunities onsite and in the community, to build employment skills, to enjoy recreational and leisure activities and to achieve personal goals through meaningful experiences and programs.
PAI offers a supportive, innovative work environment that fosters individual growth, satisfaction and a healthy work/life balance. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and a welcoming environment for people of diverse communities.