Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Principal
The Administrative Assistant at Pacifica fosters a culture of hospitality to visitors, students, and staff each day to the front office. This person provides administrative support by demonstrating initiative, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills in applying a detailed knowledge of the responsibilities, functions and underlying management of the school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reception: Greeting and welcoming of school visitors & students to the administrative offices, getting students out of class when a parent comes to pick them up early. Answer phones.
- MyPacifica Tasks: Management of student attendance and Honor Rolls, updating the school calendar
- Substitute coordination: receiving requests from faculty and
- Upkeep: maintain clean area in front office, distribute mail and deliveries, order supplies, purchase postage, manage storage for filing cabinets
- Student Services: handling student question, coordinate lunches, process lost and found (including disposing of items quarterly), facilitating make-up tests
- Support for special events: Back-to-School Night, Academic Awards, Faculty & Staff Retreat, New Parent Orientation and New Student Orientation, & Graduation, Gathering
- Administrative support: Oversee Principal's calendar to schedule meetings, facilitate phone calls
- Attendance and Discipline: Keep and update accurate records of students attendance and discipline.
- Textbook orders: Interfacing with department chairs to facilitate the textbook orders for both the regular school year and summer school.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-5 + years prior experience in administrative support role preferred
- A sincere enjoyment of working with teenagers
- Exceptionally capable in both written and oral communication
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Technologically savvy
- Passionate about the chosen field of study and the mission of Pacifica
- Dedicated to the Christian faith