- San Francisco, CA, USA
- 60.33-80.44 per hour
- Full Time
On Lok PACE
We are a non-profit committed to our participants.
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) was developed to answer the many problems around caring for frail seniors. The PACE model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in their community whenever possible.
Seniors, their family members, and caregivers face many issues, including transportation to appointments, management of medications, coordination of medical care from different specialists, lack of social interaction, and ability to stay alone at home. On Lok PACE participants receive in home care services and transportation to a On Lok PACE center for primary medical care, social and recreational activities, and other senior care services.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Regulatory Affairs and Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring On Lok Senior Health Services remains compliant with the regulatory, licensing, and contractual requirements set forth by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), and other regulatory agencies. The Regulatory Affairs and Compliance Manager performs regulatory compliance activities and implements monitoring initiatives related to the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE).
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors regulatory communications from CMS, DHCS, and other regulatory agencies. Participates in conference calls and training webinars from regulators and/or associations. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets changes and/or updates to regulatory requirements to assess its impact to PACE operations and reporting. Communicates and disseminates guidance to internal departments, provides consultation, and tracks implementation and appropriate training.
- Interacts with various departments to develop, review, and revise internal policies and procedures and to verify compliance with regulatory, licensing, and contractual requirements. Provides support for the On Lok Senior Health Services Policies and Procedures Committee. Manages the coordination, approval, and dissemination of new or revised policies and procedures.
- Assists with the coordination, tracking, and filing of routine and ad-hoc reports and filings. Provides guidance to internal departments regarding reporting requirements. Reviews and quality checks data and information presented in reports prior to submission to CMS, DHCS, and other regulatory agencies as required.
- In coordination with supervisor, facilitates site visits from federal and state regulators. Develops cross-departmental work plans for external regulatory audits. Manages the collection, review, and quality check of deliverables, including audit data universes. Coordinates with internal departments in developing corrective action plans in response to audit deficiencies and monitors status.
- Manages the monitoring of internal and external processes and functions to facilitate compliance with the regulatory requirements. Assesses risks, identifies trends, and prepares reports. Gathers and reviews information and data for the regulatory compliance dashboard. Presents results and recommendations for improvement to management.
- Researches and analyzes regulatory compliance issues as they arise. In consultation with supervisor, provides appropriate and timely guidance, outreach, and communication to internal departments.
- Oversees the maintenance and update to the regulatory compliance database for policies and procedures, regulatory communications, reports, filings, and audit-related documentation.
- Provides leadership and direction to Regulatory Affairs and Compliance Specialists I/II, including recruitment, training, performance management, and evaluation.
- Performs other regulatory compliance activities and monitoring initiatives as assigned by supervisor.
- Collaborate with program operations and business intelligence to monitor On Lok PACE data universes, monitoring reports and ad-hoc reports as applicable.
- Manage the department's strategic and operational goals.
- Implement and communicate direction for goals, policies, and strategy for achievement.
- Motivate and lead department staff performance and escalate issues as necessary.
- Strategically and systemically handle staff development and performance.
- Anticipate challenges and put a strategy in place to resolve in a timely manner.
- Align department and employee actions, behaviors, and professional goals with On Lok's mission and goals.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Bachelor's degree in health care administration, business administration, or related field from an accredited college.
- Excellent judgment with high integrity, flexibility, initiative, and willingness to participate in various regulatory activities and monitoring efforts.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, verbal, and writing skills.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well both independently and cross-departmentally in a matrix environment.
- Knowledge of pertinent regulatory requirements and/or guidelines from CMS and DHCS.
- Ability to read, analyze, and provide sound interpretation of rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Ability to write clear, concise reports, summaries, business correspondence, and policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present and represent On Lok's interest externally with auditors.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries from On Lok employees, regulatory agencies, and others, as necessary.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any regular position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Your final compensation offer will be determined based on factors such as skills, experience, education, and licenses/certifications. The pay range is expressed as an hourly rate regardless of FLSA status. Exempt positions are paid salaried and are not subject to overtime.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org).