- San Jose, CA, USA
- 17.30-23.07 per hour
- Full Time
On Lok PACE
We are a non-profit committed to our participants.
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) was developed to answer the many problems around caring for frail seniors. The PACE model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in their community whenever possible.
Seniors, their family members, and caregivers face many issues, including transportation to appointments, management of medications, coordination of medical care from different specialists, lack of social interaction, and ability to stay alone at home. On Lok PACE participants receive in home care services and transportation to an On Lok PACE center for primary medical care, social and recreational activities, and other senior care services.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of the Lead Cook or Nutrition Services Manager, the Kitchen Helper coordinates meal services in the Day Health Center.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists cooks to prepare center meals and other foods as necessary to complete meals. Portions individual items as necessary and readies any special requests prior to service. Serves food to participants in the dining room and dishes and delivers food to the participants at home. Packages and ships meals and supplements to be delivered to participants at home.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Demonstrates safe practices by utilizing proper body mechanics, adhering to universal precautions, and maintaining environmental safety.
- Follows all infection control and sanitation policies and procedures, including but not limited to proper food handling, storage, and service and cleaning.
- Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Interest, demonstrated ability and/or experience in working with the elderly, and an understanding of the nutritional needs and preferences of our participants.
- Minimum of one year related experience preferred.
- One-year experience working with the elderly or frail population required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Dependable, alert, flexible and creative.
- Bilingual preferred; English required
- Physical activities require the ability to stoop, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, talk, hear, and repetitive motions of the wrist and hands.
- Physical requirements include visual acuity and the ability to lift /move up to 75 pounds occasionally, and up to 50 pounds frequently.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed. They are not considered as an exhaustive list of all job tasks performed. On Lok reserves the right to change job descriptions, work hours or work sites as required by the program.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Your final compensation offer will be determined based on factors such as skills, experience, education, and licenses/certifications. The pay range is expressed as an hourly rate regardless of FLSA status. Exempt positions are paid salaried and are not subject to overtime.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (email@example.com).