- San Francisco, CA, USA
- 17.51-23.34 per hour
- Full Time
On Lok Lifeways
We are a non-profit committed to our participants. On Lok Lifeways PACE long term senior care is provided by On Lok Senior Health Services, a 501(c)(3) non-profit
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
On Lok, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization founded in the early 1970s by a group of citizens concerned about the plight of elders and the lack of long term options in the community. On Lok, Inc. serves as the administrative arm of a group of five affiliated non-profit organizations. Its functions include research and development, human resources, fundraising and management information systems.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of the Program or Center Manager, the Activity Aide implements activity programs for participants.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with implementing and participating in group and individual therapeutic activities as well as offer creative modifications (oriented towards group, individual and special needs participants).
- Socializes with participants.
- Actively participates in team discussions; offers feedback, ideas and suggestions both on a day-to-day basis and in department staff meetings.
- Keeps Activity Therapist informed of needed supplies and equipment.
- May be responsible for maintaining neatness and order in the indoor/outdoor programs space.
- May monitor and report changes in mood & behavior of the participants to the Activity Therapist and Center Manager.
- May assist with personal care of participants as needed; for example, escorting the participant to the restroom and or toileting, and/or assistance with feeding.
- Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Interest in working with the elderly and understanding of the psychosocial problems of aging.
- One year experience working with the elderly or frail population required.
- May require current certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Ability to work as part of multidisciplinary team.
- Stability, maturity, creativity and flexibility in work.
- Ability to work with volunteers and contract staff.
- Fluency in a second language helpful (Cantonese or Spanish) and written and spoken fluency in English required.
Below are additional qualifications if your assignment is based out of the Montgomery Center:
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities)
- Bilingual (Cantonese and English) required.
- Experience working with seniors with dementia required.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Your final compensation offer will be determined based on factors such as skills, experience, education, and licenses/certifications. The pay range is expressed as an hourly rate regardless of FLSA status. Exempt positions are paid salaried and are not subject to overtime
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org).