On Lok PACE
We are a non-profit committed to our participants.
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) was developed to answer the many problems around caring for frail seniors. The PACE model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in their community whenever possible.
Seniors, their family members, and caregivers face many issues, including transportation to appointments, management of medications, coordination of medical care from different specialists, lack of social interaction, and ability to stay alone at home. On Lok PACE participants receive in home care services and transportation to a On Lok PACE center for primary medical care, social and recreational activities, and other senior care services.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Medical Assistant provides clinical service support in the On Lok health clinics, under the administrative direction and supervision of the Program/Center Manager or Nurse Manager (float positions only), and with clinical supervision of the Center Lead Physician.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist with the provision of clinic technical support services such as obtaining vital signs, performing EKGs, collecting lab work, performing blood draws, blood glucose testing, skin testing, immunizations, and other tasks within scope of practice.
2. Collect and record clinical data into electronic health records; assist providers with data entry functions such as updating health maintenance records.
3. Schedule and coordinate clinic appointments, provide reminders to participants.
4. Assist with rooming and checking out of participants.
5. Prepares exam rooms, order and restocking of clinic supplies, sterilize/disinfect clinic equipment.
6. Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
1. Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
2. Phlebotomy certification or experience is preferred.
3. One year of experience working with the elderly or frail population required.
4. Ability to work independently and as part of interdisciplinary team.
5. Bilingual ability may be required for specific assignments.
6. Physical requirements include visual acuity and the ability to lift /move up to 75 pounds occasionally, and up to 50 pounds frequently.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed. They are not considered as an exhaustive list of all job tasks performed. On Lok reserves the right to change job descriptions, work hours or work sites as required by the program.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (email@example.com).