- Verona, NY, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K w/matching, Paid Time Off (Sick/Vacation) and Holiday Pay
Oneida Innovations Group companies have a long history of providing IT and cyber services to the U.S. Department of Defense; our agility and focus on business relationship and satisfaction has led to DoD customers approaching us for help with requirements that have traditionally been contracted out to large system integrators.
We also support numerous private sector industries including healthcare, hospitality and gaming, higher education and more. Ours is a legacy built on trust, loyalty and exceptional service.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Tier II Support Technician to support Oneida Nation Enterprises properties, including but not limited to Turning Stone Resort Casino, Maple Leaf Markets, SavON Convenience Stores and other nation properties.
This is a 2nd Shift Position - 4PM-12:30AM Saturday-Wednesday.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively works with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Continually provides training and support to end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Effectively installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots associated end user workstation software and networking software products when necessary.
- Performs on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users. Recommends and implements corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receives and responds to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Develops and maintains an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Monitors and tests PC performance, and provides PC performance statistics and reports.
- Assists in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance.
- Accurately documents instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Constructs, installs, and tests customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Conducts research on computer products in support of PC procurement and development efforts. Evaluates and recommends hardware products for purchase.
- Writes technical specifications for the purchase of PCs, networking hardware and related products.
- Recommends, schedules, and performs PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Assists in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
- Supports development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts; supervises contract-based installations.
- Collaborates with third-party support and PC equipment vendors when necessary.
- Aids in the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans. Maintains current knowledge of plan executables and responds to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Provides guidance to junior members of the team as required.
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field OR at least three years related work experience.
- Must have at least one year related work experience in the Casino, Hospitality or Entertainment industry; or other high volume, complex, demanding customer oriented IT environments.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CompTIA A+ and/or, other related technical certification preferred.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware.
- Must have hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Must have working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards. Possesses the ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Possesses the ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
This job description is intended to be illustrative of the position's duties and should not be construed to be an exhaustive statement of the essential functions of the job.
Oneida Innovations Group is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.