- Verona, NY, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K w/matching, Paid Time Off (Sick/Vacation) and Holiday Pay, Annual Bonus, Relocation Assistance, Temporary Housing
Oneida Innovations Group, LLC. Is a tribally-owned enterprise of the Oneida Indian Nation, an innovative and experienced Indian Nation owning and operating several multifaceted business enterprises, each focused on delivering exceptional customer experiences and service.
Many IT services companies approach cyber solutions from a technological standpoint. Our coming of age in the casino gaming and hospitality industry - complex security and regulated environments - supporting New York's most awarded resort and casino means our approach is not only sophisticated, but also highly customer centric.
We don't just take care of problems. We seek out ways to anticipate and prevent them. We don't just improve connectivity. We constantly strive to make connecting safer and in doing so, more accessible. And we do so as IT professionals, as trusted allies and as partners in your success.
We are currently looking for a Data Architect Manager to join our robust team!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively plans, schedules, and assigns work to all Database team members; consistently monitoring the overall function of the team. Ensures proper training of staff.
- Responsible for data architecture and framework for specific all applications including Enterprise Data Warehouse:
- Develop database design & show how it will fit with our database structure
- Develop data flows & usage (internal & external systems)
- Develop and maintain the overall data architecture and planning, including
- Overall topology of the current database design (logical, physical, and Data Mart)
- Complete understanding of data flows & usage (internal & external systems)
- Maintains knowledge of data architecture components, recognizes when modifications must be made and suggests new data architecture standards
- Resolves data architecture problems through identification, assessment and resolution, and changes and upgrades
- Provides strategic leadership into the development and implementation of the enterprise's data governance strategy.
- Responsible for the overall database structure, including recovery, security, backup, and capability specifications. This definition provides a way for data architects to determine overall requirements for database structure
- Responsible for all activities related to data architecture/integration on all IT project initiatives.
- Defines data/information architecture standards, policies and procedures for the organization, structure, attributes and classification of data elements, and applies accepted data content standards to technology projects.
- Coordinate detailed data architecture design plans with Data Governance Board.
- Propose and Implement Database Solutions
- Create and propose solutions to management and stakeholders. And designing a new database and presenting it to related parties
- Actively provide and promote the importance of documentation, accurate records of work performed, project tracking, and management reporting. Reviews documentation provided by team members for accuracy and quality.
- Demonstrates experience in creating and maintaining strong teamwork ethic relationships, working with other IT team members to implement necessary changes, upgrades and enhancements to the systems.
- Assists the Director of Infrastructure Engineering in the development of philosophies, strategies and policies to support the IT mission.
- Mandatory 24/7 on-call support for responsible systems, this includes trouble-shooting root cause of issues, i.e. database or application issue, and determining action plan and making judgment call on required resource needed for resolution, i.e. Microsoft support, Applications Support, etc. Off-hours support is handled remotely, however judgment call is required to determine when it is necessary to be on-site, as well as, escalating issue to executive management.
- A degree in Computer Science or other related technical field and/or minimum equivalent experience of ten or more years working in an IT environment, with 2+ years as Data Architect.
- One year of leadership experience in IT environment a plus.
- Hands on experience in developing and implementing data architecture and complex data models for operational and data warehouse applications
- Understanding of big data architecture, data lake and ETL technologies
- Experience in developing conceptual, logical, and preliminary physical models for an enterprise (i.e., Enterprise Data Architecture) and solutions (i.e., Solution Data Architecture)
- Excellent organizational, verbal and writing skills and the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Experienced managing technical resources including Data Architects, Data Quality Specialists and Database Administrators is highly desired.
Oneida Innovations Group, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.