- Crozet, VA, USA
- Full Time
Employer sponsored medical and dental. Generous time-off and employee discounts on golf and food and beverage.
We are looking for a detail-oriented senior accounting manager to perform and coordinate accounting duties within Old Trail Golf Club. The senior accountant's responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
To be successful as a senior accountant, you should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding senior accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure. This position will require you to frequently collaborate with Department Managers.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- Preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Preparing federal, state, local, and special tax returns.
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
Senior Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of tax laws and GAAP.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Ability to train and manage staff.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Ability to help others troubleshoot any accounting matters for their department.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.