- Crozet, VA, USA
- Part Time
Discounts on Food and Beverage and Golf
Restoration Restaurant is located in Old Trail Village, at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Crozet, VA.
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a spectacular setting with 360 degree views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Enjoy sitting inside or on our beautiful lighted outdoor patio. Nestled in historic Albemarle County Virginia, Restoration's focus is to create memorable meals with excellent service and unbeatable views. We marry local favorites with unique flavors to create a one of a kind experience.
Join our growing team!
- Part Time Prep Cook
Job Responsibilities Summary:
The Prep Cook is an entry level position under the supervision of the Sous and Head Chef. The Prep Cook will assist in the culinary operation by performing tasks as directed. The Prep Cook is responsible for all dishwashing duties. This is an opportunity for aspiring Chef's to learn from skilled Leadership!
- Assists with overall food production
- Learns cooking techniques and adheres to the designated cooking methods to ensure all menu items are consistently presented
- Strives to improve cooking skills
- Label, Stock and store ingredients
- Wash, chop, and sort ingredients
- Measure quantities of seasonings and other cooking ingredients
- Parboil food, reduce sauces, and start the first steps for various dishes
- Clean dishes, utensils, drinkware and kitchen cookware ensuring cleanliness and sanitation standards are met
- Assist with bussing tables
- Assist with unloading/ loading, storage, and ordering product
- Empty all garbage cans and clean the containers
- Wash work areas, refrigerators, cooking equipment, walls and floors
- Assist with set-up of dining and banquet hall
- 1-3 years of experience working as a dishwasher/prep cook or combination of both
- High School Diploma or GED
Professional communication skill required
Ability to take direction from Leadership
Ability to work in a fast-paced pressured environment
- Weekend availability is a MUST!
- Safe Food Handler certification preferred but not required - we will help you earn it while working with us!