- Crab Orchard, WV, USA
- 35-40 per hour
- Part Time
Site: WVVN- Vaught Neurological Services, PLLC
1404 ROBERT C. BYRD DRIVE SUITE 100 CRAB ORCHARD, WV, 25827 USA
Position: Per Diem Infusion Nurse
Schedule: 1-2 days/week (specific days have not been defined)
OI Infusion Services offers a complete turnkey solution to managing your in-office infusion center. Our proven model provides practice owners with everything they need to start and maintain an infusion center, resulting in increased revenue and higher patient satisfaction. Our management services are designed to let physicians focus on practicing medicine while our highly experienced staff manages every aspect of this value-added service in a professional manner at every point of contact.
- Be a registered nurse (R.N.) with a current license within the state.
- Minimum of one year of infusion nursing experience as a R.N.
- Work positively and favorably with patients, families, and staff.
- Infusion experience highly preferred
Responsibilities/essential functions: The person in this position must be able to perform the following essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Perform the infusion therapy as directed by physician orders.
- Establish intravenous access per policy and procedure.
- Observe, assess, and document symptoms via nurses note timely.
- Monitor reactions and patient progress.
- Educate patients and/or caregivers on disease process, medications
- Demonstrates proper infection control techniques and follows universal precautions
- Monitors daily refrigerator temps and documents daily log.
- Schedule follow up appointment for next therapy.
- Notify the physician and other personnel (Director of Clinical Ops) of change in the patient's condition.
- Perform skill outline in the agency's approved policy and procedure manual.
- Update clinical records according to policy and procedures.
- Update knowledge and skills by attending in-service programs, continuing education programs, seminars, and self-study programs annually. *
- Adhere to safe nursing practice standards.
- Maintain professionalism with patient and client staff.
- Obtain satisfaction survey from patients.
- Collect co-pays as required.
- Call no-show patients to schedule.
- Be knowledgeable about medications to be administered.
- Mix medication per policy and procedure.
- Adhere to Medicaid and Medicare regulations.