- Houston, TX, USA
- 14-18 per hour
- Full Time
OI Infusion Services is a fast growing startup making an immediate impact in the growing and quickly changing specialty infusion market. Our mission is to transform the infusion experience helping all stakeholders in the process by 1) growing the practices of our provider partners, 2) saving patients out of pocket costs while increasing access to convenient and high quality infusion therapy services, and 3) reducing costs for payors and the healthcare system as a whole.
We are looking for a Medical Order Specialist to join our growing team in Houston TX.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Thoroughly review medical prescription orders for accuracy.
- Entering prescription orders and patient related documents into patient computer program.
When time permits:
- Perform insurance benefits verification in accordance with company policy for infusion services for assigned facilities.
- Perform pre-certification and obtains authorizations and referrals as required by payor guidelines and in accordance with OI Infusion procedures.
- Gathers medical documentation to support the patients' treatments for further review.
- Follow-up on pending referrals, pre-certifications, and/or pre-determination.
- Reviews and approves assigned orders utilizing department guidelines.
- Min. 1-2 years working in a pharmacy or healthcare setting.
- Various patient account, insurance verification and registration skills
- Attention to details with patients' overall experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Willingness and ability to work in our Houston office 3-5 days a week
OI Infusion https://oiinfusion.applicantpro.com