OI Infusion Services is a fast growing startup making an immediate impact in the growing and quickly changing specialty infusion market. Our mission is to transform the infusion experience helping all stakeholders in the process by i) growing the practices of our provider partners, ii) saving patients out of pocket costs while increasing access to convenient and high quality infusion therapy services, and iii) reducing costs for payors and the healthcare system as a whole.
We are looking for a Medical Intake/Benefit Coordinator to join our growing team. You will play an important role in making sure patients are able to access their much needed infusion therapy.
The role includes a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs insurance benefits verification in accordance with company policy for infusion services for assigned facilities.
- Performs pre-certification and obtains authorizations and referrals as required by payor guidelines and in accordance with OI Infusion procedures.
- Gathers medical documentation to support the patients' treatments for further review.
- Follow-up on pending referrals, pre-certifications, and/or pre-determination.
- Reviews and approves assigned orders utilizing department guidelines.
- Min. 3 years verifying various insurance benefits.
- Min. 3 years of obtaining pre-certification and/or referrals prior to service
- Various patient account and registration skills
- Attention to details with patients' overall experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Willingness and ability to work in our Houston office 3-5 days a week
Covid-19 Notice: Effective November 8, 2021, all positions at OI Infusion Services will require documented proof of the COVID-19 vaccination. New employees will be required to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination upon hire. Religious and medical exemptions and reasonable accommodation shall be addressed as required by law pursuant to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's vaccination guidance.