- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Short & Long-Term disability, OPERS, Deferred compensation, paid sick & vacation, paid holidays, paid parental leave
Full time, permanent
$15.00/hour plus benefits
Ohio History Connection is seeking dedicated, hard-working individuals to join our Maintenance team as a Maintenance Custodian. Custodians are responsible for cleaning and maintaining the Ohio History Center museum and Ohio Village for our visitors and staff!
Variable, Mon-Fri and/or Wed-Sun with some evening hours for events
We offer full benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; retirement benefits; paid sick, vacation, and holidays; free membership to Ohio History Center and Ohio History Connection sites; employee discount
The job duties:
- Sweeps, mops, strips, waxes, polishes, vacuums, cleans carpets and renews floor surfaces.
- Washes walls and windows, cleans, dusts, waxes furniture and fixtures.
- Cleans windows, empties trash receptacles, cleans and sanitized restrooms.
- Removes snow and ice from walk ways.
- Reports evidence of fire, illegal entry, and the theft of property.
- Checks supplies and stocks supply closets.
- Moves furniture and performs event set-ups
- Occasional mandatory overtime is required.
Skills & Experience:
No education required. Previous work experience in housekeeping and custodial work preferred but not required.
We prefer online applications, but can make accommodations as needed. Please contact us at 614-297-2500 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Ohio History Connection is an equal opportunity employer.
All prospective employees are required to undergo a fingerprint background check processed by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation & Identification (BCI) in accordance with the Volunteer Children's Act. Additionally, prospective employees will also submit to a drug test. Both will occur after the offer of employment is accepted. The results of the background check and drug test are not immediate disqualifiers to employment and are reviewed in accordance with Ohio History Connection policies and procedures. Inquiries must be directed to the Human Resources Director at 614-297-2390 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.