- Columbus, OH, USA
- 19.00 - 20.00
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Short & Long-Term disability, OPERS, Deferred compensation, paid sick & vacation, paid holidays, paid parental leave
The Ohio History Connection's mission is to
Spark discovery of Ohio's stories.
Embrace the present, share the past and transform the future.
The Catalog Coordinator is responsible for managing the collections catalog software, data and information for the Ohio History Connection. The Coordinator will report to the Manager of Digital Services and work with other managers and team members on use, implementation and development of the library, archives and museum catalogs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the library, archives and museum catalogs, including maintenance, development and statistical reporting.
- Manages relationships with catalog vendors, including contract negotiation, implementation and development of software.
- Develops and maintains custom public interface for all catalogs, including integrated discovery layer.
- Supports coordinated cataloging efforts across the organization, including managing and communicating priorities and expectations for internal stakeholders.
- Advances workflows in coordination with collection managers for data integration across catalogs, data sources and other web platforms to increase information access and use by the general public.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to develop and implement efficiencies in technology use and workflow.
- Regularly leads and attends meetings related to job functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualifying disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field required
- Master's in Library/Information Science with an emphasis on information management preferred
- 2-3 years' experience managing databases, preferably in a library, archives or museum setting, and/or integrated library systems
- Experience with one or more of the following collection management systems preferred: CollectionSpace, ArchivesSpace, WorldShare Management System, Mukurtu, Preservica
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IS systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software/applications/products)
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Self-directed and flexible.
- Focused on customer service (internal and external) with attention to quality and details.
- Commitment to equity and access.
- Resourcefulness and initiative.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Incredible attention to details important.
- Even-tempered in moments of stress.
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
- Discrete and prudent in discerning confidentiality.
- Ability to work with vendors to assure project goals are achieved in a timely fashion.
Ability to communicate effectively, and in a timely manner, with colleagues. Able to give verbal presentations and write business reports and grant applications. Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
Understanding of and experience administering databases, familiarity with open source databases, understanding of hardware, software, products, and applications used to provide digital access to content, experience with web development and programming.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines. Ability to manage multiple tasks, responsibilities and projects. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Normal office environment. Frequent contact with staff. Work may be stressful at times. Weekend and/or evening work required to accommodate planned and unplanned maintenance activities. May be required to work irregular hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires sitting for long periods of time, some bending and stretching required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard.