- Las Vegas, NV, USA
- Full Time
Med, den, vis, life, 401k w/ match, PTO
As a leader in the imaging technology and office automation industry, Office1. has been serving our customers since 1995. Recognized for high quality products and superior customer service, Office1 is committed to taking the lead in designing the future of this exciting and evolving industry. We offer our employees a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. If you are a highly motivated professional with the talent we seek, now is the time to join Office1!
Office1 is a leading IT provider in Nevada and California as such we are looking for skilled individual to join our Helpdesk team. This position installs, modifies, upgrades, maintains and repairs computer and network hardware, software, firmware, and peripheral equipment. Provides technical assistance and training to staff, management, and clients. Participates in the development and management of project tasks related to system development, deployment, maintenance, and support. It will involve project management skills to effectively complete hardware and software projects either alone for smaller projects or with a team.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide Tier 2 technical assistance and support for incoming client queries, while giving support and guidance to the Tier 1 technicians.
- Follow up with customers until resolution of their ticket.
- Write standard Processes and Procedures.
- Scripting of frequent tasks to improve efficiencies.
- Review error logs to get to the root of a problem and perform effective troubleshooting.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network. (Office1 IP)
- Develop and follow a Scope of Work as well as an accurate Estimate of Hours for every project.
- Responsible for the implementation and follow-through of all programs and promotions established by Office1.
- Promote the proper image of Office1.
- Meet deadlines by working at a quick & steady pace while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Aid administration and technical divisions on an as need basis.
- Secure time and material billings on non-contract customers.
- Submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Office1's partners and vendors.
- Attain agreed-upon business objectives and targets as stated in the Business Plan.
- Pursue professional training as needed to stay current in industry technology.
- May require evening and weekend work.
- Requires a valid state driver's license and minimum level of auto insurance coverage per Office1's policy for positions requiring use of personal car while on company business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Required Education and Experience
- 2+ years of IT helpdesk or computer hardware/software related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Technology or Computer Science related field
- In lieu of degree, one or more computer industry related certifications (MCSE, CCNA, etc.)
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience providing remote support with tools like LogMeIn, TeamViewer or Screenconnect
- Microsoft Windows (7, 8, 10)
- Microsoft Office (2010 - 2019)
- MS Server (2008 - 2019)
- Network traffic analyzers
- Basic Microsoft SQL experience for things like backups and performance troubleshooting
- Active Directory/Group Policy
- Enterprise level network architecture
- Complex LAN/WAN environments
- Disaster recovery implementation and testing
- Backup solutions and applications
- VPN technologies
- Configuring VLANS and locking down unnecessary communications
- Basic Network security and Incident Response.
- Virtualization technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Microsoft Exchange / Hosted Exchange (Office 365)
- Various operating systems (Linux, MacOS, Windows)
- Encryption technologies (Bitlocker)
- Network protocols (TCP/IP, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, etc)
- Desktop applications
- Networking and configurations (Switching, routing, firewalls)
- VoIP phone systems
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Be an above average communicator
- Work well within a team
- Be respectful to co-workers, as well as clients
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be punctual
- Generally upbeat
The Professional Services Technician 2 will be provided a cubicle from which to work, a desk phone, cell phone and laptop or desktop computer.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining a physical condition necessary for the regular, and at times sustained, performance of heavier physical tasks such as walking over rough or uneven surfaces, bending, stooping and working in confined spaces. Lifting, carrying, or moving moderately heavy (20 - 50 pounds) items and occasionally two-person lift of very heavy (100 pounds or over) items; or utilizing a keyboard, standing, walking, or sitting for extended periods of time. Tasks require depth perception, color perception, sound perception, visual perception, and oral communications ability.
The incumbent must spend long hours in intense concentration. The incumbent will also spend long hours on the computer, whether on the phone with customers or working on internal projects.
There are a number of deadlines associated with this position, which may cause significant stress. The incumbent must also deal with a wide variety of people on various issues.