As a leader in the imaging technology and office automation industry, Office1. has been serving our customers since 1995. Recognized for high quality products and superior customer service, Office1 is committed to taking the lead in designing the future of this exciting and evolving industry. We offer our employees a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. If you are a highly motivated professional with the talent we seek, now is the time to join Office1!
Office1 is a leading IT provider in Nevada and California as such we are looking for skilled individual to join our Helpdesk team. This position installs, modifies, upgrades, maintains and repairs computer and network hardware, software, firmware, and peripheral equipment. Provides technical assistance and training to staff, management, and clients. Participates in the development and management of project tasks related to system development, deployment, maintenance, and support. It will involve project management skills to effectively complete hardware and software projects either alone for smaller projects or with a team.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
• Write standard Processes and Procedures.
• Train end users.
• Walk customer through problem-solving process.
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
• Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
• Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
• Install computer peripherals for users.
• Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
• Develop and follow a written scope of work for project implementation.
• Responsible for the implementation and follow-through of all programs and promotions established by Office1.
• Promote the proper image of Office1.
• Meets deadlines by working at a quick & steady pace while still maintaining quality/accurate work.
• Provide assistance to administration and technical divisions on an as need basis.
• Secure time and material billings on non-contract customers.
• Maintain a positive attitude at all times.
• Submit required reports on a timely basis.
• Design and support all customized software.
• Develop and maintain relationships with all software vendors.
• Attain agreed-upon business objectives and targets as stated in the Business Plan.
• Pursue professional training as needed to stay current in industry technology.
• May require evening and weekend work
• Plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
• Requires a valid state driver's license and minimum level of auto insurance coverage per Office1's policy for positions requiring use of personal car while on company business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and Skills
~ Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills
~ Knowledge on the Windows Operating Systems and Server Systems
~ Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy
~ Virus detection and clean-up
~ basic network configuration and management
~ PC hardware troubleshooting and repair
~ Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
~ Ability to provide technical training to end users
~ Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques
~ Excellent interpersonal skills
~ Analytical and problem-solving skills
~ Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
~ Very effective organizational skills
~ Effective written communication skills
~ Time management skills
~ Must be self motivated when working unsupervised
~ Must meet performance goals as outlined in Monthly Stats
~ Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
~ Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy with multiple distractions
~ Basic Mac skills
~ Must hold or be able to obtain A+ or Network+ and Security+ certification
~ be honest and trustworthy
~ be respectful
~ possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
~ possess above average communication skills
~ be flexible
~ demonstrate sound work ethics
~ be punctual
~ be generally upbeat
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. This position will be part of the Helpdesk team and will work from the Las Vegas support center.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining a physical condition necessary for the regular, and at times sustained, performance of heavier physical tasks such as walking over rough or uneven surfaces, bending, stooping, working in confined spaces, and lifting, carrying, or moving moderately heavy (20 - 50 pounds) items and occasionally very heavy (100 pounds or over) items; or utilizing a keyboard, standing, walking, or sitting for extended periods of time. Tasks require depth perception, color perception, sound perception, visual perception, and oral communications ability.
The incumbent must spend long hours in intense concentration. The incumbent must also spend long hours on the computer.
This position requires interaction with a wide variety of people and personalities in possibly stressful situations.