As a leader in the imaging technology and office automation industry, Office1. has been serving our customers since 1995. Recognized for high quality products and superior customer service, Office1 is committed to taking the lead in designing the future of this exciting and evolving industry. We offer our employees a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. If you are a highly motivated professional with the talent we seek, now is the time to join Office1!
Office1 is a leading IT provider in Nevada and California as such we are looking for skilled individual to join our Helpdesk team. This position installs, modifies, upgrades, maintains and repairs computer and network hardware, software, firmware, and peripheral equipment. Provides technical assistance and training to staff, management, and clients. Participates in the development and management of project tasks related to system development, deployment, maintenance, and support. It will involve project management skills to effectively complete hardware and software projects either alone for smaller projects or with a team.
RESPONSIBILITIES, includes but not limited to
- Provide Tier 2 technical assistance and support for incoming client queries, while giving support and guidance to the Tier 1 technicians.
- Follow up with customers until resolution of their ticket.
- Write standard Processes and Procedures.
- Train end users when needed.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Develop and follow a written scope of work for project implementation.
- Responsible for the implementation and follow-through of all programs and promotions established by Office1.
- Promote the proper image of Office1.
- Meet deadlines by working at a quick & steady pace while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Aid administration and technical divisions on an as need basis.
- Secure time and material billings on non-contract customers.
- Submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Office1's partners and vendors.
- Attain agreed-upon business objectives and targets as stated in the Business Plan.
- Pursue professional training as needed to stay current in industry technology.
- May require evening and weekend work.
- Requires a valid state driver's license and minimum level of auto insurance coverage per Office1's policy for positions requiring use of personal car while on company business.
- 2+ years of IT helpdesk or computer hardware/software related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Technology or Computer Science related field
- In lieu of degree, one or more computer industry related certifications (MCSE, CCNA, etc.)
Knowledge and Skills
- Remote desktop support
- Microsoft Windows (7, 8, 10)
- Microsoft Office (2010 - 2016)
- MS Server (2012 - 2019)
- Microsoft SQL knowledge
- Active Directory/Group Policy
- Enterprise level network architecture
- Complex LAN/WAN environments
- Disaster recovery solutions
- Backup solutions and applications
- VPN technologies
- VLAN Concepts
- Network security
- Virtualization technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Microsoft Exchange / Hosted Exchange (Office 365)
- Various operating systems (Linux, MacOS, Windows)
- Encryption technologies (Bitlocker)
- Network protocols (TCP/IP, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, etc)
- Networking and configurations (Switching, routing, firewalls)
- VoIP phone systems
REQUIRED SKILLS/ ATTRIBUTES
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deliver results within assigned targets and deadlines
- Ability to taking initiative, establishing priorities, and take ownership of work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task; manage multiple tasks and/ or projects successfully.
- Excellent time management.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Positive, can-do attitude with the ability to building positive working relationships with a wide variety of individuals and management.