- 26-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (PST)
- Oakland, CA, USA
- Part Time
Job Title: Building Services/Custodian
Department: Oakland Ice Center
Reports To: Lead Supervisor/Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time Hourly
Scope and Nature of Role
Responsible for the safe operation and normal maintenance of the ice arena.
- Makes a positive contribution to the entertainment experience of guests by cleaning and maintaining the facility.
- Works with cleaning materials and solutions.
- Ensures the overall cleanliness of Sharks Ice.
- Provides excellent customer service at all times that the facility is open for business, and ensures that all policies are properly implemented.
- Knows emergency procedures for equipment and evacuation plan.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Positive attitude, self motivated.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Willingness to learn to drive ice resurfacing machine (must have valid California Driver's License).
- Must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job that are physically demanding [i.e., kneeling, bending, stooping, sweeping mopping, climbing stairs, pushing, pulling, reaching, carry trash and garbage, empty trash cans, restock restrooms, carry buckets sometimes filled with liquids].
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment.
- Must not be allergic to the cleaning materials and solutions used.
- Available for shifts that extend into late night and/or early morning hours.
- Must be able to operate basic janitorial equipment (e.g. floor scrubber, floor machine, vacuum, basic hand tools).