- 10-Aug-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- PI- Adult Psychiatry
- New York, NY, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefits package based on percentage of full-time effort.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Salary Grade 27: $96,053 - $118,727
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. (RFMH) is seeking a qualified, motivated, and dependable individual to fill a full-time position of Talent Acquisition Specialist. Reporting to the Department Administrator, this position will perform a wide variety of professional recruiting and onboarding tasks. This position requires an organized individual with the ability to regularly shift priorities to meet multiple deadlines.
The successful candidate will be an organized, self-starter and team player with excellent communication and time management skills. Must be able to multitask, prioritize, and complete a high volume of tasks and projects autonomously, be highly conversant in all of Microsoft Office Suites and recruiting and on-boarding software/systems. Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, Detail oriented and maintains a sense of urgency, maintain values of confidentiality and integrity, ability to work independently & take initiative (i.e., "self-starter") while demonstrating strong teamwork, strong ability to manage time in a fast-paced environment, and be skilled working with different HR software systems.
Responsibilities/job requirements include but are not limited to:
- Assist in developing, implementing, and providing support for strategic recruitment plans to attract diverse, talented professionals that will contribute to the professionalism and growth of the department
- Assist department heads and principal investigators and leadership with determining selection criteria for new positions
- Provide expertise and guidance via recruitment consultations and plans to address complex staffing needs, including hard-to-fill positions
- Assist in directing new employees in their onboarding procedures, direct HR reports, and post-hire in the orientation & new employee stages
- Collaborate with new hires on efficiency/operability of eventual HR portal
- Maintains availability for new employees on an overall support level
- Evaluate required role trainings and maintain accountability for new employee facilitation
- Serve as a resource for HR managers by assisting them with such items as:
- New employee processing and background checks
- Ensuring legal & regulatory compliance for certain roles, responsibilities, or regulations
- Ensuring the completion of performance evaluations
- Ensure timely Payroll & benefits processing (accuracy, compliance, completeness), with appropriate team members
- Recruitment and retention for specific roles
- Scheduling & conducting interviews
- Maintaining employee records and data
- Provides input/recommendations to system operations or potential improvements
- Monitors successes/failures of HR portal or shortcomings in various HR processes
- Holds semi-regular meetings with directors or senior personnel to provide updates on onboarding development/potential thoughts or recommendations
- Assists with other assignments and projects as needed
- Complete the onboarding of all employees
- Oversight of monthly benefit enrollments for onboarding employees
- Complete benefits changes, including terminations and qualifying enrollments as needed
- Employment verifications
- Communicate regularly with employees, administrators, and off-site human resource/payroll offices
- Assist leadership with succession planning
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration or other related field required or the equivalent in education, training, and experience
- 4 years of experience in human resources coordination or related field
Work Location: 1051 Riverside Dr. NY, NY 10032 (hybrid position allowing for up to 50% remote work)
RFMH employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and must provide proof of vaccination. Individuals that are not vaccinated for COVID-19 are ineligible for appointment to positions that require vaccination. Fully vaccinated is defined as two (2) or more weeks since receiving either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series (e.g., Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or the first and only dose of a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson [J&J]/Janssen).
To Apply: Submit an application on our website at https://nyspi.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Please note only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent Benefits Package. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran Employer. VEVRAA 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) compliant.