- 02-Aug-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- PI-Behavioral Health Services and Policy
- Lebanon, NH, USA
- $86,859.00 - $109,723.00
- Full Time
Full Benefits package based on percentage of full-time effort.
Salary $86,859 - $109,723
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is seeking to hire a full-time Implementation Specialist. The Implementation Specialist will provide Individual Placement and Support (IPS) training and technical assistance to states and countries in the International IPS Learning Community, as well as to other jurisdictions. The selected candidate will educate leaders on the infrastructure (e.g., financing, training, monitoring process and outcomes) to implement Individual Placement and Support (IPS), the evidence-based practice of supported employment, in a sustainable way. The Implementation Specialist will guide the process of implementing and sustaining high-fidelity IPS supported employment and education services through collaboration between the state mental health authority and state vocational rehabilitation services. The candidate will also develop educational materials to advance IPS implementation, as well as teach online courses, virtual training, and in-person group training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Through in-person group training or virtual group training, train state-level IPS trainers and state mental health authority and state Vocational Rehabilitation leaders about providing IPS training and technical assistance and conducting IPS fidelity reviews using the IPS Fidelity Scale.
- Assist states and other jurisdictions in developing a statewide IPS supported employment implementation plan.
- Through field mentoring, including skills demonstration, shadowing, and giving feedback, teach IPS trainers to train IPS supervisors and frontline staff.
- Ensure that programmatic structure and agency culture support competitive integrated employment as an outcome.
- Identify barriers to implementing integrated services and facilitate resolutions.
- Provide ongoing consultation and guidance to states/jurisdictions regarding expanding and sustaining high-fidelity IPS supported employment, including for new populations.
- Plan and conduct training workshops and forums on IPS supported employment and supported education to Vocational Rehabilitation staff, peers, family members, employers, Social Security personnel, Medicaid staff and Department of Labor staff as needed.
- Speak at state, national, and international conferences on the research and practice guidelines of IPS supported employment, education, and recovery.
- Develop educational materials on IPS services (e.g., newsletters, brochures, manuals, videos, etc.).
- Carry out instructor responsibilities for the online courses on a timely basis.
- Review employment and education outcome data from quarterly reports of the International IPS Learning Community.
- Connect state and local leaders across the International IPS Learning Community to learn effective strategies from each other to implement and sustain IPS services and promote recovery through employment and career advancement.
- Organize and facilitate stakeholder conference calls for International IPS Learning Community members (e.g., individual state IPS teams, IPS trainers, IPS fidelity reviewers, peers, families).
- Provide IPS training and technical assistance and conduct IPS fidelity reviews as part of research studies and other projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in rehabilitation counseling, counseling, psychology, social work, or related human services area or the equivalent; OR six years of relevant experience in mental health services and vocational services or supported employment in a mental health system.
- This position requires regular overnight travel.
- Master's degree in a related field preferred.
- At least three years' experience as an IPS trainer and fidelity reviewer is preferred.
- Two years' experience working with programs that serve young adults and use of the IPS-Y scale is preferred.
- At least one year's experience working with adults who have developmental disabilities is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience (at least two years) is preferred.
RFMH employees may be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 depending on work location and must provide proof of vaccination. Individuals that are not vaccinated for COVID-19 are ineligible for appointment to positions that require vaccination. Fully vaccinated is defined as two (2) or more weeks since receiving either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series (e.g., Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or the first and only dose of a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson [J&J]/Janssen).
Work Location: 85 Mechanic Street, Lebanon NH, 03766. Candidate will likely work from home.
To Apply: Apply through our website at: https://nyspi.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Please include a cover letter in your application. Please note, only applications submitted through our website will be considered. All applicants should include a cover letter with their application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent Benefits Package. Employer/Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran Employer. VEVRAA 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) compliant.