- 19-Jul-2022 to 03-Nov-2023 (EST)
- PI- Molecular Therapeutics
- New York, NY, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefits package based on percentage of full-time effort.
$126,840 - $154,771
Division Administrator for a large Research Division
Come join the Division of Molecular Therapeutics, a collaborative and dynamic biomedical research division comprised of world class researchers in the Department of Psychiatry at the Columbia University Irving Medical Center (DOP-CUIMC), the Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene (RFMH), and the New York State Psychiatric Institute (NYSPI). Our work focuses on finding the causes of and new treatments for psychiatric illness, using state of the art research technologies in systems ranging from receptor proteins and cells to mouse models and humans and is supported by the National Institutes of Health and private foundations, as well as by New York State.
We seek an experienced, proactive, full-time senior administrator to oversee the financial and administrative management of our entire division to enable our research team to work efficiently and help build our divisional synergies.
The division administrator will work closely with the Division Chief and other faulty in Molecular Therapeutics to support and advance our research mission. You will work in an exciting, dynamic environment with responsibility across three entities, DOP-CUIMC, RFMH, and NYSPI.
You will oversee a multi-million-dollar budget and must understand grants management and managerial accounting principles. You will need to use your experience and creativity to solve problems to help the division thrive.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Division is financially viable and in compliance with all applicable regulatory and transactional policies, procedures, and processes.
- Interface with DOP-CUIMC, RFMH, and NYSPI budget and fiscal operations.
- Ensure successful management of grants/contracts within the divisions, collaborating with Principal Investigators and centralized research pre-and-post award functions.
- Prepare proposed budgets and budget justifications while ensuring resource allocation is accurate and appropriate.
- Act as liaison between investigators and the internal grants/contracts management office.
- Work with DOP-CUIMC, NYSPI and RFMH human resource offices on faculty and staff appointment matters.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Three to five years of administrative experience in a large complex academic or research setting working directly with financial management of pre and post grant awards procedures and processes.
- Master's Degree Preferred.
- High level of proficiency with financial systems including spreadsheet preparation and presentation.
Work Location: New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, Kolb, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, 10032.
In accordance with NYS Office of Mental Health regulations, RFMH employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
To Apply: Apply at: https://nyspi.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Please include a cover letter in your application. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Molecular Therapeutics Division Administrator" to confirm that your application has been submitted through the portal.
Excellent Benefits Package including medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid time off and parental leave; retirement plans. http://corporate.rfmh.org/human_resources/forms/BenefitsChart.pdf. RFMH embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. Employer/Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran Employer. VEVRAA 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) compliant.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent Benefits Package.