- MN Community Care - La Clinica Clinic
- St Paul, MN, USA
- Part Time
Northwestern Health Sciences University prepares the next generation of healthcare professionals to deliver and advance health care.
Founded in 1941, NWHSU is a progressive institution educating the next generation of health care professionals. While the institution's history is rooted in the chiropractic profession, NWHSU now focuses more broadly on integrative care, health, and wellness. In addition to our Doctor of Chiropractic, we offer a Doctor in Chinese Medicine, and offerings in massage therapy, nutrition, undergraduate health sciences, and the allied health professions - medical assisting, medical laboratory science, medical laboratory technology, radiation therapy, and radiologic technology. We are a mission- and vision-driven university, preparing the next generation of healthcare professionals to not only deliver, but advance health care.
The Acupuncture and Chinese (ACM) Provider is to provide evidence-informed, patient-centered, quality ACM services in an interdisciplinary clinical setting at a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) to a culturally diverse population, without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and disability status. The patient population served is approximately 85% people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latinx communities, and 98% of the patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines. The provider must able to work through a translator or be fluent in the Spanish language in conjunction with the English language. The provider must be able to communicate effectively, collaborate with other provider disciplines, take direction from both the FQHC and NWHSU and efficiently communicate with the patients being cared for at the facility. In addition, contribute to accomplish the clinic mission of being a center of excellence for patient care and student education.
This is a part-time opportunity. 10 hours/week.
St. Paul, MN.
- Manage patient care, while complying with the policies and procedures of NWHSU clinic system and Minnesota Community Care (MNCC)
- Perform physical examinations, and take patient history compliant with best healthcare practices
- Provide hands-on mentoring and foster a critical thinking environment for student intern education
- Oversee student conduct, proficiency, professionalism, and compliance with Heath Center Standards
- Participate in relationship-building activities and events that promote diversity and inclusion
- Master's degree required
- 1-3 years of experience seeing patients with a variety of conditions and working in an integrative healthcare setting
- Basic Life Support/CPR training preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Northwestern Health Sciences University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate.