Up to 20 hours per week, rotating every other week.
Note: Depending on class schedule and department needs, the position's schedule will vary to cover help desk hours, including occasional Saturday hours. While these hours are typical, they may be subject to change as workload and needs of our customers and work areas change.
Information Technology Department business hours: Monday through Thursday 7:30 am to 7:00 pm; Friday & Saturday 7:30 am to 5:00 pm; Sunday 7:30 am to 1:00 pm.
- Provide help desk support in-person and over the phone
- Provide basic technical support to end users
- Dependable, reliable and predictable attendance is a requirement
- Troubleshoot end-user access issues
- Creating and routing tickets
- Maintain ticket routing document
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Assist Technical Services when needed
- Must be a current NWHSU student
- Knowledge of Microsoft OS including Windows XP and Windows 7, Microsoft tools including Office, & PC hardware
- Ability to prioritize assigned projects, help desk calls, and tickets
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and move computer and A/V equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software issues
- Must have strong customer service, time management, and written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with Active Directory a plus