- Chambersburg, PA, USA
- Full Time
Mold Shop Machinist
Nursery Supplies, Inc. provide the horticulture industry with innovative eco-friendly products of the highest quality, large selections, a wide distribution network and unsurpassed customer service. We are dedicated to partnering with our customers to help them grow their business by continually investing in product innovation and ecologically responsible practices. Nursery Supplies, Inc. (NSI) helps our customers see more "green" by partnering with them to help them grow their business. We are the only company manufacturing blow molding, injection molding and large-scale thermoforming products dedicated to the nursery industry.
CNC operator to machine non-repetitive, small volume, highly accurate metal parts. Reliable candidate for full time, 1st shift (7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.) M - F. Overtime periodically, as deemed necessary. Work to meet deadlines for jobs. Multitasking and creativity is a great asset. Team player is a must.
Follow all company policies (on-time attendance tracking). Operate CNC Haas VMC's. Periodically use hand mills, lathes, grinders, sink EDM, cut off saw. Take ownership of designated area and machine(s) to maintain a safe and clean work space. Load tooling and program(s) into machine. Execute jobs using set up sheets. Ability to modify programs at machine when needed. Inspect and maintain accuracy of parts using offsets and adjust accordingly. Communicate with programmer before, during, and after projects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have minimum 5 years CNC experience on a vertical mill (not production oriented or limited runs)
- Must work under minimum supervision
- Must be able to edit and correct programs as needed
- Must be able to work within .0002 tolerance
- Must be able to do first article inspection
- Must be able to do own set ups on machine
- Must be able to read blue prints
- Must be proficient with inspection tools, micrometers, bore gages, dial indicators etc.
- Programming not necessary but helpful
- HAAS experience very helpful
- Must be proficient with hand machines
Nursery Supplies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.