- Kapolei, HI, USA
- Negotiable - salaried
- Full Time
Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave
At North Star Scientific Corporation, we treat each other like ohana (family). We make sure everyone has what they need to succeed, and we work together to innovate and find solutions. We are committed to providing our team members with the best possible work environment. Our team building exercises and company outings bring us closer together, and our range of benefits keeps all of our employees at their best. Please visit www.nsshawaii.com to learn more about our company. To submit your resume please visit our webpage and click on the Career tab and click on the job posting.
North Star Scientific Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: North Star Scientific Corporation is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at North Star Scientific Corporation are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. North Star Scientific Corporation will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Develops human resources policies and programs and directs the staff in managing and implementing programs that support employee engagement, productivity, and company objectives.
- Manages key HR Functions, including recruiting, employee/labor relations, health and safety, compensation, employee benefit packages, training, and termination.
- Maintains employee personnel records, salary, benefits, accident reports, performance reviews and referrals to EAP or SAP program.
- Pulls reports to support salary, promotion, and increase justification
- Participates in the government agency audits
- Active in the hiring and recruiting, on-board process of potential candidates
- Maintain job descriptions while working in conjunction with the Department Managers.
- Establishes recruitment efforts, setup interviews with candidates, conduct background checks, post and maintains job posting as required by Federal, State, EEOC and government and labor law regulations.
- Review and obtain employee benefit programs and evaluate benefit contract bids.
- Administers NSS grievance program; counsels employees on grievance procedures; completes research and investigations as needed. Provide or facilitate conflict resolution
- Works in conjunction with an outside third-party facilitator to provide professional counseling for an employee as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a high level of tact, diplomacy and objectivity are important in this position.
- Participates in compensation surveys, conducts research and analysis on market competitiveness, pay equity and compensation trends.
- Provides information, stats, evaluations, census with third-party agencies to meet requirements to ensure NSS follows EEOC, State, Federal, Government Agencies are current and up to date.
- The duties listed above are intended only as a general illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. Specific statements of duties not included do not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or may also include other duties assigned by Management. These duties would be listed as on the job training.
- EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent
- EXPERIENCE: 3 - 5 Years in the field of Human Resources
- ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a high level of tact, diplomacy and objectivity are important in this position. Comfortable in engaging with staff one-on-one and in a group setting. Comfortable with public speaking and presentation to a group
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team that provides the overall company leadership and direction pertaining to areas affecting potential candidates, new hires, current staff and third-party inquiries.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Windows and Excel
- General knowledge of various employment laws
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and proficient multi-tasking
- Experience in recruiting, arranging interviews, coordinating hiring efforts, onboarding new employees and exit interviews
- Working knowledge and application of the EEOC, Federal and State regulations and processes
PHYSICAL AND/OR MEDICAL DEMANDS: Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, climb stairs, view a computer screen, write and take dictation, listen
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resource or Business Administration
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!