- Kapolei, HI, USA
- Full Time
Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave
At North Star Scientific Corporation, we design, develop, test, qualify, and manufacture reliable, high performance electronics for land-based, ship-based, and airborne DOD applications. We specialize in RF system designs and rapid R&D/custom solutions. While NSS continues to rapidly grow our list of innovative products, the most valuable asset we have built is our name. Above all, customer satisfaction is what we strive for through quality products, excellent pricing, responsive service, and by going the extra mile. We are proud to provide our services to the United States Military and commercial clients alike as a veteran-owned small business.
We understand the importance of maintaining a high level of quality and are certified to the AS9100D/ISO9001:2015 Quality Management Standard.
To learn about who we are and if you are interested in this position, please visit us at www.nsshawaii.com
and apply on our careers page
I. SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Assist the Facility Security Officer (FSO) in industrial security tasks
- Manage/assist NSS' communication security (COMSEC) program.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Interface with local federal law enforcement contacts (FBI, NCIS, HLS, DCSA) when reporting suspicious contacts
- Perform technology security and system audits
- Manage and respond to IT security alerts from various security software (e.g. antivirus, server, cloud alerts) and users
- Make improvement in NSS' security posture (e.g. security alerts, software, policies, training)
- Provide input for improvements related to the job
- Be able to work professionally and independently, open communication is key
- Be able to work well with many different personalities in a sometimes schedule intense environment
- The duties listed above are intended only as a general illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. Specific statements of duties not included do not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or may also include other duties assigned by Management. General IT duties may be assigned if qualified and a need is present.
II. SCOPE OF POSITION:
- Reports to: FSO and IT Director
Levels of Interaction: Interacts with departments of the organization
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Desirable, but NSS will train for the position (See section IV)
- IT academic program, or
- Bachelor's degree in IT/computer technology field. Experience may be substituted for an educational degree.
- Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Good command of written language
- Highly proficient computer skills; must know Windows 10 and newer Windows operating systems
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal) to create policy, explain technical issues, and collaborate with others
- Must be eager and able to learn new things proficiently and quickly
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative, but comfortable asking questions and researching answers to complete a task
- Physical and/or Medical Demands:
Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; talk; reach; climb stairs; stoop; crouch; listen; vision capable of reading, viewing a computer screen; may occasionally lift up to 50lbs; climb ladders; operate a mouse and keyboard.
IV. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience as an FSO or assistant FSO
- Experience with COMSEC equipment and management desirable
- Experience as an ISSM or ISSO desirable
- Programming experience with Microsoft .NET C# and VBA
- One to two (1 - 2) years of experience in the IT support field.
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare ESX)
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent experience with Cisco switches
- Experience with managing routers (Fortigate and Palo Alto
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!