- Kapolei, HI, USA
- 22.00 per hour
- Full Time
Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave
NSS Procurement Specialist Job Opening
Hourly Rate: $22 / per hour
Days of work and start time: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.nsshawaii.com
I. SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Acquire goods and services to support company needs by efficiently processing and expediting a high volume of purchase orders, transmits to suppliers, and ensures timely confirmation of prices, quantities, fulfillment, and receipt of goods/services to support NSS' project schedules.
- Research and identify manufacturers/distributors that can meet NSS' quality requirements and material needs.
- Solicit Request for Quotes (RFQs), negotiate supplier pricing, delivery, quality, and service to determine the best value for NSS' and its customers.
- Review and evaluate quotes, terms and conditions to determine the most desirable options.
- Assure all purchases adhere to federal, state and contract requirements, and government flow-downs.
- Create, manage and maintain procurement files to record/document goods/services ordered and received per established procurement policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates productively and collaboratively as needed with various departments to notify of potential issues, solving problems, and respond promptly to requests for information.
- Assist the accounting department as needed by investigating and correcting supplier invoices for payments assuring all charges are billed correctly.
The duties listed above are intended only as a general illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. Specific statements of duties not included do not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or may also include other duties assigned by Management.
II. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience: One to two (1 - 2) years in procurement activity.
3. Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Basic computer skills; able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player and independent worker.
- Excellent planning and analytical skills.
- Negotiation skills; to negotiate pricing, schedules, and terms and conditions.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to interface with individuals at all levels within the company, suppliers and customers.
- Effective time management skills and high level of attention to detail
- Solid knowledge and understand of procurement processes.
- Ability to be well-organized, multi-task, and very flexible with charging priorities and processes.
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency, persistence, and commitment
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative.
- Must be able to perform basic to moderately difficult mathematical functions involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, division averaging, and percentages.
- Physical and/or Medical Demands: Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; talk; climb stairs; listen; vision capable of reading, viewing a computer screen and inspection of incoming orders; able to lift and carry a minimum of ten (10) pounds.
III. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- One to two (1-2) years experience in Department of Defense contract procurement.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) procurement requirements.
- Knowledge of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) procurement requirements.
- Knowledge of International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Basic knowledge of electronic components.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!