- Kapolei, HI, USA
- Full Time
Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave
At North Star Scientific Corporation, we design, develop, test, qualify, and manufacture reliable, high performance electronics for land-based, ship-based, and airborne DOD applications. We specialize in RF system designs and rapid R&D/custom solutions. While NSS continues to rapidly grow our list of innovative products, the most valuable asset we have built is our name. Above all, customer satisfaction is what we strive for through quality products, excellent pricing, responsive service, and by going the extra mile. We are proud to provide our services to the United States Military and commercial clients alike as a veteran-owned small business.
We understand the importance of maintaining a high level of quality and are certified to the AS9100D/ISO9001:2015 Quality Management Standard. To learn more about who we are please visit us at www.nsshawaii.com
I. SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Program software for customer projects or internal tools.
- Design databases.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Work well in teams with other department personnel.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
II. SCOPE OF POSITION:
- Reports to: IT Director
- Supervises: None
- Signature Authorities: None
- Level of Interaction: Interacts with departments of the organization
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent. Experience may be substituted for an educational degree.
- No experience required.
- Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Must know Windows 10 and newer Windows operating systems.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have a strong understanding of programming languages
- Must have a cursory understanding of networking principles
- Should have a understanding of database implementation and theory of design
- Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal) to explain technical issues, collaborate with others
- Must be able to learn new things proficiently and quickly.
- Must have strong problem solving abilities.
- Physical and/or Medical Demands:
Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; talk; reach; climb stairs; stoop; crouch; listen; vision capable of reading, viewing a computer screen; may occasionally lift up to 50lbs; climb ladders; operate a mouse and keyboard.
IV. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Programming experience with Microsoft .NET C#, Python, C, VBA, TestStand, and LabView
- Experience with using Microsoft Access
- Experience with MySQL and Microsoft SQL
- Experience with using IDE tools like Visual Studio
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!