- New Hope, MN, USA
- Base + Bonus
- Full Time
Daily Pay, highly contributed, medical, dental and vision + PTO + Holiday Pay + 401k (For full time)
North Ridge Health and Rehab Cares
Character Attitude Respect Excellence Service
Our facility holds 330 beds: TCU, Memory Care and Assisted Living.
- On-Site Child Care Center: 6 weeks - Preschool
- Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Opportunity to Advance
- Up to $2,500 Tuition Reimbursement
- Refer a Friend: Full Time; $6,000 and Part Time; $3,000
North Ridge Health and Rehab has a rich history of providing quality care to seniors since 1966. We are a specialized senior health care community. Our continuum of care offers a variety of services: Senior Apartments, Assisted Living, Adult Day Program, Complex/Transitional Rehab Care, Long Term Care and secured areas for those with memory impairment. Our emphasis at North Ridge is to recognize and provide for the needs of each individual, whether the goal is to remain in our Community or to return home. Join our care team and find out why it is not only a special place to live or receive care, but also a special place to work.
Administrative authority regarding the operation of the Care Center. Coordinates all departments relating to nursing. Accountable for all functions, activities, training, and education of all nursing employees. Shares responsibility with Medical Director for execution of resident care policies, federal and state regulations. Exercises initiative and independent judgment.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and maintains nursing service objectives, standards or nursing practice and policy and procedure manuals.
- Assists Medical Director with resident care policies and works with administrator in executing policies.
- Responsible for preventative medicine practice for residents.
- Assists in coordinating nursing services with other resident related services provided within and outside the facility.
- Evaluates resident records to assure accuracy, care plans are current and complete and residents are receiving optimal nursing care.
- Monitors lab, x-ray, dental, optometry, podiatry services, hearing services and rehabilitative services.
- Monitors RUGS Case mix classification system.
- Manages and oversees the nursing budget. Implements strategies to meet budget parameters.
- Assist social services in the selection of perspective residents.
- Works with administration in interpreting, maintaining, updating, and executing personnel policies, facility manuals and job descriptions.
- Coordinates and delegates nursing orientations and on-going education for all nursing staff.
- Assists with coordination of students utilizing North Ridge for training.
- Participates in in-service education as requested.
- Responsible for supervising direction of resident care.
- Evaluates and advises Associate Director of Nursing, Nursing Supervisors, off shift Nursing Supervisors and nursing support personnel.
- Responsible for 24-hour supervisory nursing coverage of the care center by preparing schedules for nursing supervisors.
- Coordinates and delegates nursing coverage to appropriate personnel as necessary.
- Is a member of the Administrative team with administrative authority.
- Submits monthly reports and yearly summary to administrator.
- Participates in on-call schedule for administration.
- Represents the facility at outside functions and provides good public relations.
- Attends the Medical Care and Nursing Procedure Manual Committees.
- Member of the Quality Assurance Committee.
- Chairs the Restraint Committee.
JOB SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- BSN, BAN or other health related degree required.
- Current Minnesota RN license.
- Must have current certification in Adult CPR
- DON and/or ADON experience in geriatric nursing.
- Knowledgeable in rehabilitative and restorative nursing.
- Must be able to communicate with all employees and give supervision and management direction.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal regulations regarding long term care.
- Knows and practices good safety habits.
- Develops and implements new programs as necessary.