- Child Day Care
- New Hope, MN, USA
- Full Time
North Ridge Health and Rehab Cares
Character Attitude Respect Excellence Service
Our facility holds 320 beds: LTC, TCU, and Memory Care
Now offering Daily Pay! Get early access to your paycheck!
On-Site Child Daycare Center: 6 weeks to Preschool age
Perks for a Full-Time employee:
OTHER BENEFITS OFFERED
- Refer a Friend: Full Time; $6,000 and Part Time; $3,000
- Daily Pay: Get early access to your paycheck
- On-Site Childcare: 50% off for full-time employees
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, LTD.STD, pet insurance & more
- Educational Benefits
- Shift differentials PMs/NOCs
- PTO roll over up to 160 hours
Performs supervisory duties of the Child Day Care Department. Directs and supervises activities of Child Day Care staff. Organizes workflow. Takes initiative and exercises independent judgement. Responsible for performing duties in conformance with recognized policies and procedures. Assures other Child Day Care staff is in conformance with all policies and procedures. Work includes responsibility of Lead Teacher specifically with preschool age. Must be pleasant, respectful and courteous to children, families, residents, visitors and fellow employees at all times.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
Directs and supervises activities of Child Day Care Program.
- Ensures staff is assigned to cover workload in all areas.
- Completes schedules and AccuStaff for Child Day Care staff.
- Interviews and hires all staff.
- Conducts departmental orientation, training, evaluations and disciplining of department employees.
- Implements rules and regulations per Department of Human Services Rule 3 Child Programs.
- Monitors staff to comply with rules and regulations per DHS.
- Communicates pertinent information and upcoming events to staff.
- Plans social, recreational and educational programs to meet the child's physical, mental, psychological and intellectual development needs.
- Initiates change and working procedures that are effective for the department.
Assists the children in activities of daily living.
- Washes children's hands: when they enter the day care, before and after meals/snacks, and after diapering/toileting
- Serves meals and assists in feedings.
- Changes diapers and assists with toilet training.
- Assists in dressing and grooming of children.
- Uses positive verbal and non-verbal communication at all times.
Reports and Records Child Day Care information.
- Maintains child folders by updating information (medical records conference records, transfer records, address changes).
- Assists staff to maintain in service folders.
- Supervises the maintenance of attendance records.
- Responsible for assuring the daily communication with parents is thorough and complete.
- Plans, implements, reviews parent/teacher conferences as required.
- Communicates parent concerns to staff.
- Develops child day care policies and procedures and maintains updated procedure manual.
- Plan weekly lessons for preschool room including intergenerational activities for all age groups
- Maintains properly completed accident/child reports.
- Evaluates the Child Day Care program annually.
- Conducts monthly fire drills (January - December).
- Conducts monthly tornado drills (April - September).
- Monitors billable hours per age group, weekly census, billing of families on child care assistance.
Attends meetings regarding Child Day Care.
- Conducts monthly departmental meetings.
- Attends leadership meeting.
- Attends monthly financial review.
- Compiles and coordinates monthly departmental information to be shared with administration.
- Plans appropriate intergenerational activities with TR Department.
- Meets with new parents, interviewing and orientating for the Child Day Care program.
- Attend in-service training assigned by North Ridge Education Department.
Responsible for maintaining sanitation and infectious disease control practices.
- Observes the health and development of children.
- Consults with RN any changes in child's physical condition.
- Consults with RN regarding pertinent issues.
- Informs staff of any communicable diseases and posts.
- Responsible for assuring all accident reports are completed properly in the Accident, Injury, Incident and Emergency Log.
- Assesses general maintenance condition of the rooms.
Responsible for following the Department of Human Services in-service requirements.
- Attends classes to maintain in-service hours.
- Monitors staff on completing in-service hours.
- Plans special events.
- Participates in the Child Day Care rooms in the capacity of a teacher.
- Plans fundraiser
- Responsible for marketing the childcare program to outside community, including use of social media
- Practices good safety habits.
- Refers parents to community resources upon request.
- Orders equipment and supplies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
JOB SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Post-secondary certificate as Child Development Assistant with 1 year experience; or
- B.A. Degree from an accredited college with 18 quarter credits in Child Development Training; or
- Certificate from the Department of Education for Pre-Kindergarten Associate.
- Prefer 2 years' experience in Child Day Care setting.
- Must be able to make decisions and take initiative for new programs.
- Good supervisory and leadership abilities.
- Must be able to deal with people under all conditions.
- Must organize time and prioritize staff and child needs.
- Must have a basic understanding of the elderly.
- Demonstrates skill and record keeping tasks.
- Must be efficient with the computer technology
- Must adhere to personnel policies.
- Must be warm hearted and understand children.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to perform physical job demands of position.
- Exercises confidentiality to ensure compliance with all HIPAA regulations.