- Somerville, MA, USA
- 75000-85000 per year
- Full Time
NECEC (The Northeast Clean Energy Council) is a regional non-profit clean energy business, policy, and innovation organization whose mission is to lead the just, equitable, and rapid transition to a clean energy future and a diverse climate economy. NECEC is the only organization in the Northeast that covers all of the clean energy market segments, representing the business perspectives of investors and clean energy companies across every stage of development. NECEC members span the broad spectrum of the clean energy industry, including clean transportation, energy efficiency, wind, solar, energy storage, microgrids, fuel cells, and advanced and "smart" technologies.
NECEC is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We embrace a broad range of perspectives that will make our organization stronger and our work more just. We will continuously look inward at our own culture to make sure we're reaching our goal of promoting these values. And, as the voice of the Northeast clean energy industry, NECEC will work with our members and community to embed these values across the industry. We are dedicated to securing a just transition to a clean economy, one that corrects the disproportionate impacts of climate change and secures a better future for all. This is the path to a prosperous clean energy future that benefits all communities.
We are looking for someone to revolutionize our events, which are one of the key functions of NECEC, supporting all of the organization's innovation, policy and partnership initiatives throughout the seven states region of New England and New York. The Events Manager will coordinate these efforts, helping to distinguish NECEC events from a crowded field. Our ideal Events Manager will launch us into a new era for the quality, engagement and uniqueness of the events we hold. We seek a candidate who can deliver impactful events that help define and lead the clean energy and climate tech industries. The Events Manager will be involved in all phases of events management from planning to promotion to run of show to follow-up. The organization is seeking candidates who can spearhead greater diversity, equity and inclusion at NECEC events and who can successfully increase our geographic reach.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning events with a distinct look and feel that helps separate NECEC from others in the cleantech events space
- Working closely with senior management to plan the agenda for each event
- Making sure each event has its own unique characteristics
- Location identification and booking
- Catering and beverage booking
- Ensuring events are as accessible as possible to participants
- Marketing NECEC events and expanding the channels across which NECEC does its events marketing
- Creating promotional materials for NECEC events across the organization's various channels
- Creating video/visual/graphic content from the NECEC events for post-event communications
- Developing partnerships to create wider promotion of NECEC events
- Coordinating multimedia event materials (slides, videos, teleprompters) and making sure the event site is prepared to present those materials
- Tracking all aspects of NECEC events
- Managing the run of show on the day of the events
- Following up with, and disseminating materials to, event attendees, including creating and tracking post-event surveys
- Coordinating NECEC's signature Green Tie Gala event
- Incorporating more cultural aspects (art, music, local history/representation) into NECEC events
- Working with partner organizations to plan and execute cross-promotional events
- Developing greater opportunities for NECEC members to participate in organizational events whether as presenters or sponsors
- Tracking the DEI reach of NECEC events and developing strategies to increase the organization's reach across all demographics
- Increasing the geographic reach of the organization's events, better representing all seven states in our region
- Ensuring effective tracking of progress and results as well as regular evaluation of program elements to foster learning and to measure and communicate successes to key stakeholders, including funders, mentors, entrepreneurs, and investors.
- Travel within the Northeast and beyond as needed
Requirements & Qualifications
Qualified candidates should have detailed work experience in planning live and virtual events. Experience working with a variety of organizations and demonstrated creativity in event planning are preferred skills. The ability to organize events with a memorable participant experience on a tight budget is also highly desired. Be passionate about the role of events in the just and equitable transition to a clean energy future and a diverse climate economy.
Candidates should also be able to demonstrate:
- 3-to-5 years in events planning/management
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including strong editorial abilities
- Skill in presentation composition, communication technology and engaging diverse audiences.
- Relevant understanding of clean energy and climate tech industries
- Impeccable analytical and technical capabilities, with close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, with initial guidance
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to tackle and prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously
- Flexible and adaptable demeanor in fast-paced settings
- Willingness to work on administrative tasks as needed to support a small team
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite (Gmail, Groups, Drive, etc.)