- 17-Sep-2021 to Until Filled (PST)
- Olympia, WA, USA
- Full Time
The Mental Health Counselor is a member of the department's interdisciplinary team. Responsible for providing client services in group and individual settings. Our mental health counselors support ongoing mental wellness and long-term recovery by providing crisis intervention, ongoing counseling, and by helping clients define goals and gain insight in a holistic approach to wellness.
Primary responsibilities are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform. This list of responsibilities is intended to be representative of the duties performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed if such duties relate to the position.
- Provide mental health diagnostic evaluation, intake assessment, and treatment services.
- Utilize evidence-based and culturally competent practices to develop treatment plans for each patient based on intake evaluation, assessments, and identified treatment goals.
- Provide individual and group counseling to assist with symptom management, coping skills, and problem solving strategies.
- Coordinate with a multi-disciplinary team and collaborate with the Substance Use Disorder Program staff to support patient needs in a holistic manner.
- Provide referrals and coordination as needed to assist patients in addressing care needs.
- Complete all documentation including required forms, diagnostic records, and progress notes in a timely manner.
- Provide outreach and education services to the community by working with tribal programs and community groups to implement preventative mental health programs and activities.
- Follow all applicable procedures outlined in Washington Administrative Code (WAC) and adhere to all state, federal, local, and tribal laws.
- Utilize electronic health record system for documentation.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all program data, and operate in accordance with applicable regulations of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and 42 CFR Part 2.
- Provide case management services and coordination as needed
Education and Experience
Master's degree in psychology, social work or related field. Washington State Licensure as a LMHC, LMFT, or LICSW. Valid Washington State driver's license and be insurable under the Nisqually Indian Tribe's insurance policy.
Current on TB testing, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and CPR/First Aid certified on date of hire. Experience working with Tribes and Native Communities. Experience working directly with youth and families is preferred. Experience working with co-occurring disorders is preferred.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
Must have current CPR Certification and TB test. Authorize and complete a background check prior to employment. Pass pre-employment drug screen.
This position does not supervise.
Possesses the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of various evidenced-based modalities for the treatment of mental illness.
- Knowledge of and ability to use conflict resolution skills effectively.
- Available resources for patients who require additional services and/or a higher level of care than what is provided
- Providing treatment while showing enthusiasm, compassion, tact, and sensitivity to the health issues and cultural needs of Native Americans
- Operation of personal computer and the use of job-related software.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prepare and support evidence of audit compliance of patient files for state/federal requirements and Tribal audits.
- Ability to work empathically and effectively with individuals of various socioeconomic backgrounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary responsibilities of this job.
This position is generally sedentary. Employee sits most of the time but may walk or stand for brief periods to include offsite locations. Must be able to operate a personal computer and related office equipment necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!