- 03-Aug-2021 to Until Filled (PST)
- Olympia, WA, USA
- Full Time
Yes, employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (Employee only). 401(k) with 4% employer contribution.
NATURE OF WORK: This position will manage the Adult Healing Home and supervise program staff. The manager ensures the highest quality transitional health and wellness to Nisqually Tribal elders and vulnerable adults 18 years of age and older and is responsible for building, developing, implementing, and overseeing a model program and the implementation of services to ensure compliance and client need.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Manager will be responsible for providing exceptional quality in-home care and will work with Caregivers as a team.
- Manage program and supervise in-home caregivers.
- Manage schedule, trainings, provide support and guidance to assigned staff.
- Supervise program operations
- Supervise case management and charting and assign clients to caregivers.
- Ensure program compliance with applicable Federal, State, Local and Tribal regulations.
- Create and update policies and procedures, compliance, and budget.
- Collaborate with staff to complete assessment of client's needs & develop Recovery Success Service Plan.
- Collaborate with clinical staff for intake, discharge and client care.
- Collaborate with client's family as the primary source of support.
- Collaborate with Tribal programs and services and with outside agencies and local services to assist client need.
- Actively participate in multidisciplinary case coordination.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
- Collaborate with Health Director for service expansion, direction and guidance.
- Ensure all licensed or certified staff maintains current credentialing as required by their licensing agencies.
- Comply with all HIPAA guidelines and confidentiality policies.
- Participate in Nisqually Tribal/Community events and gatherings.
- Attend required continuing education, training, seminars and/or conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of caregiving codes.
- Knowledgeable of caregiving regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of alternative resources and systems to meet client needs.
- Knowledge and proper prescription handling storage, inventory, reporting and dispensing of narcotics based on approved policy.
- Knowledge of Tribal customs, culture and traditions, and communities.
- Knowledge of mandatory reporter requirements for elder and vulnerable adult abuse as mandated through Tribal, Local, and State law.
- Knowledge of and the ability to make assessments, and recommendations on elder and vulnerable adult care
- Knowledge of and the ability to abide by HIPAA and other confidentiality requirements.
- Skill in the use of basic office equipment and computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Skill in conflict resolution.
- Ability to maintain required certifications, CEU's, and training.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Ability to travel and attend tribal and community functions.
- Ability to analyze and prepare documents, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate programs.
- Ability to direct and organize program activities.
- Ability to establish goals and objectives.
- Ability to plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Sociology, Human Services, Nursing or related field OR an equivalent amount of professional experience and/or education AND two years' experience in Home Care supervision and administration.
- Must have experience working in Tribal Communities.
- Must have experience working with adults with medical/disability transition and in- home care.
- Must have supervisory experience.
- Must complete certification in HIV Prevention, CPR, and BLS within 6 months of hire.
- Specialty Training in Dementia, ADLs & Functional Mobility, Universal Precautions: AIDS and Hepatitis B Prevention for Health Care workers preferred.
- Must complete training in HIPAA training and Blood-borne Pathogens within 30 days of hire.
- Must obtain Food Handler's Permit within 30 days of hire.
- Must attend and complete all required training or continuing education requirements.
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal history background check.
- Must have a valid driver's license and insurable under the Tribe's insurance policy.
- Must be willing to work evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays and be on call as needed, this program is considered essential.
- Must be able to regularly travel locally and occasionally travel out of state.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!