- 13-Apr-2021 to Until Filled (PST)
- Olympia, WA, USA
- Part Time
Dental Hygienist A-30
$82,576 - $110,635.20
Reports to the Dentist
BENEFITS INCLUDE: Excellent health care coverage for employee, including dental and vision; 401k contribution from the Tribe, even if you don't contribute; 15+ paid holidays a year; Life insurance for employee, spouse, and children provided by the Tribe (employees have the option to purchase more); EAP and more!
NATURE OF WORK:
This position is responsible for providing routine and advanced prophylactic and therapeutic dental hygiene care, providing educational information to patients and the community, and motivating patients to practice daily oral hygiene care. Completion of the work is essential to comprehensive and cost effective treatment of the patient, and to enable the dentist to restore or maintain the patient's mouth in satisfactory condition.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform oral hygiene exams, periodontal treatment, prophylaxis, and therapeutic care in support of the Dental and Orthodontic programs.
- Perform preventive procedures, including Oral Hygiene Instruction (OHI), prophys, application of sealants and fluoride and prescribed medications.
- Provide assistance to the dentist during patient exams.
- Record exam findings and maintain patient records.
- Schedule dental hygiene treatments and make a series of appointments in accordance with existing conditions to ensure continuous, close follow up treatment for each patient.
- Perform scaling and root planing.
- Take, develop, and interpret intra-oral radiographs and panorex to determine area of calculus deposits and periodontal involvement.
- Smooth and polish rough restorations, place temporary fillings, administer local anesthesia, place and remove rubber dams.
- Maintain a sterile work environment.
- Use and maintain a variety of specialized instrumentation and ultrasonic equipment.
- Take intra-oral impressions and pour study models.
- Provide other minor support in the laboratory such as making mouth guards and custom trays.
- Provide instruction in the use and care of dental prostheses, nutritional guidance, and the need for daily hygiene care.
- Select and arrange radiographs for special use in educating and motivating the patient.
- Develop and participate in the community education and outreach programs.
- Develop and implement youth outreach and prevention programs.
- Provide dental hygiene instruction and training to the other dental/health service personnel and also participates in the dental/health staff meetings and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of and ability to be sensitive to Indian customs, traditions, and culture.
- Knowledge of professional dental hygiene practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Knowledge of current home care instructions and the ability to effectively communicate them to patients.
- Ability to use routine office equipment including the computer.
- Ability to perform child and adult prophys, OHI, fluorides, and placement of sealant and rubber dams.
- Ability to interact courteously and professionally and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with coworkers, staff, and patients.
- Ability to use established procedures for exposure to blood borne pathogens and body fluids.
- Ability to use established procedures for working around x-rays and handling and disposing of sharps.
- Ability to follow facility policies and procedures.
- Ability to attend in-service training as required.
- Ability to use established procedures for handling and disposal of infectious materials, mercury, lead, and hazardous chemicals.
- Ability to use standard dental operatory equipment and instruments, including various handpieces, dental x-ray units, magna clave, kavoclave, dentronix, x-ray developer, panorex machine, and ultrasonic.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in small areas and with small instruments and materials.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Dental Hygiene Program.
- Must have a Washington State driver`s license and be insurable under the Nisqually Indian Tribe`s insurance policy.
- Maintain local anesthesia certification license.
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and be insurable under the Tribe's insurance policy.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Must pass a criminal history background check.
- Requires successful completion of a pre-employment drug test.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!