- Vaughan, ON, CAN
- Full Time
OUTSTANDING BENEFITS UNLIKE ANY OTHER. Low cost health benefits, 8% 403b contribution, free tuition for you and your immediate family, discounted tuition at the Stella Niagara school, 35-hour work weeks, generous holidays (20 days annually), PTO, and half-day Fridays throughout the summer. Campus life is vibrant and offers free parking, on-site dining options, and a Tim Hortons in a beautiful park-like setting.
Niagara University is a liberal arts university, steeped in the Vincentian and Catholic traditions, with a total enrollment of nearly 4,300 students. Located just a few miles away from one of the world's premier tourism destinations, Niagara Falls, the university occupies a lovely campus overlooking the Niagara River gorge. Its close proximity to major cultural and business centers in Niagara Falls, Buffalo, and Toronto as well as the award-winning Niagara Wine Trail and several nearby cultural destinations make Niagara University an ideal place to work and live. If you'd like to know more, be sure to check out all of the NU Facts.
Under general supervision, the Graduate Admissions Advisor/Canada Recruiter is responsible for the development, coordination, and execution of graduate recruitment territory in Canada. The advisor will work independently, primarily servicing the York, Toronto, Peel, Durham, and other Canadian markets as directed.
- Conduct daily interviews of prospective students, and establish regular communications with same;
- Creating relationships with college administrators, department heads, and professors;
- Identifying and recommending strategies related to niche markets, locations, and marketing;
- Must satisfy pre-determined performance objectives, and effectively communicate proposed actions to obtain increased enrollment in assigned territory;
- Meet with prospective students and explain the advantages of a private, Catholic, Vincentian education at Niagara University;
- Counsel prospective Canadian students on the NU application process; and directly assist them to expedite and complete the process;
- Arrange an appropriate, timely, and cost-effective travel schedule to satisfy objectives and expectations;
- Must have outstanding communication skills, verbal and written as well as exceptional customer service skills.
- Always present a positive image of Niagara University when representing the University at external functions such as college information programs for open houses, presentations, etc.;
- Must work effectively and collegially with co-workers, employees, and students.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with all courses, degrees, certificates, and departments at Niagara University and have full knowledge of the admissions and financial aid processes.
- Maintain confidentiality of information (including but not limited to: student and employee personal information, student grades, etc.), both during and after their employment with the University. Any question regarding the confidentiality of material should be referred to the supervisor. Any violation shall subject the employee to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Perform other duties assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and comprehend various forms, documentation, files, and information in the department.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with parents, students, and all university personnel in a positive and constructive manner.
- Excellent care and attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and unquestioned personal integrity.
- Dedication, commitment, and ability to work evenings when needed to complete the admissions tasks at hand.
- Strong informational technology aptitude and skills including Microsoft Office and
- Aptitude and skill to work effectively with providing feedback while ensuring accountability for established objectives.
- Ability to interpret government regulations.
- Proficiency to handle various office machines including but not limited to: calculator, keyboard, computer, copy machine, and fax machine.
- Ability to receive telephone calls, respond to inquiries, and effectively communicate with others.
- Knowledge of the college admissions and financial aid processes.
- Ability to recruit prospective students.
- Ability to drive a personal or university vehicle for the purpose of university business on a regular basis.
- Ability to supervise student employees.
- Ability to work late hours, different shifts and weekends as circumstances may require as well as travel out of town.
- Must develop a strong knowledge of and commitment to Niagara University's mission and programs.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of one to three years (s) experience with college admissions or related professional experience is preferred, with proven customer service experience.
- A valid driver's license is required that satisfies both University and insurance company underwriting rules and regulations for driving a motor vehicle. Must also be able to operate a motor vehicle in Canada.
- The ability to perform all duties related to the position in Canada regardless of residency is required. This includes, but is not limited to, border crossing and eligibility to work in Canada if the employee decides to relocate.
Niagara University affirms its commitment to equal opportunity and non-discrimination and recognizes its responsibility to provide for all employees an environment that is free of discrimination and harassment based on sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, pregnancy-related condition, ex-offender status, military status, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.
The university also does not tolerate any actual or attempted reprisals or retaliation against an employee who raises a sincere and valid concern regarding harassment, and/or retaliation is, therefore, strictly prohibited. This statement protects and covers the conduct of all employees without regard to job title or status.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!