- Niagara University, NY, USA
- Full Time
OUTSTANDING BENEFITS UNLIKE ANY OTHER. Low cost health benefits, 8% 403b contribution, free tuition for you and your immediate family, discounted tuition at the Stella Niagara school, 35-hour work weeks, generous holidays (20 days annually), PTO, and half-day Fridays throughout the summer. Campus life is vibrant and offers free parking, on-site dining options, and a Tim Hortons in a beautiful park-like setting.
Niagara University is a liberal arts university, steeped in the Vincentian and Catholic traditions, with a total enrollment of nearly 4,300 students. Located just a few miles away from one of the world's premier tourism destinations, Niagara Falls, the university occupies a lovely campus overlooking the Niagara River gorge. Its close proximity to major cultural and business centers in Niagara Falls, Buffalo, and Toronto as well as the award-winning Niagara Wine Trail and several nearby cultural destinations make Niagara University an ideal place to work and live. If you'd like to know more, be sure to check out all of the NU Facts.
Under specific supervision, patrols the campus environs.
- Patrol campus environs by foot and/or vehicle to observe and report suspicious activity and/or criminal activity;
- Respond to emergencies, take appropriate action, and document all incidents;
- Issue tickets for parking and moving violations;
- Work flexible hours and shifts to include, but not limited to, special events, details, residence halls, and other assignments as needed;
- Considered an Essential Trained Responder, trained to use special equipment to respond to an emergency or hazardous situation.
- Make payroll runs and general courier service;
- Provide friendly, courteous, respectful service to the Niagara University community;
- Attend various training seminars and is responsible for retention of information;
- Maintain confidentiality of information (including but not limited to: student and employee personal information, student grades, etc.), both during and after their employment with the University. Any question regarding the confidentiality of material should be referred to the supervisor. Any violation shall subject the employee to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and comprehend various forms, documentation, files, and information in the department.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, problem-solving, and intervention skills.
- Proficiency to handle various office machines including but not limited to: keyboard, calculator, computer, copier and fax machine.
- Ability to receive telephone and radio calls, respond to inquiries, and communicate with others.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to be reliable, dependable, flexible.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and applications.
- Ability to perform all of the above essential job functions for a minimum of an eight-hour shift without significant risk of serious injury.
- Ability to drive a personal or university vehicle for the purpose of university business on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform responsibilities of other Campus Safety positions as needed.
- High School diploma required, or any combination of education equivalent to graduation from high school or other combination of education, training, and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Associate (AAS) Degree in Criminal Justice or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 1-year related experience is required.
- A valid New York State driver's license is required that satisfies both University and insurance company underwriting rules and regulations for driving a motor vehicle. Must also be able to operate a motor vehicle in Canada.
- Current New York State Security Guard Registration or ability to obtain registration within a reasonable amount of time is required.
- First Aid and CPR certification, or the ability to obtain certification in a reasonable amount of time is required..
- Emergency Medical Technician certification preferred.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!