- Niagara University, NY, USA
- Full Time
OUTSTANDING BENEFITS UNLIKE ANY OTHER. Low cost health benefits, 8% 403b contribution, free tuition for you and your immediate family, discounted tuition at the Stella Niagara school, 35-hour work weeks, generous holidays (20 days annually), PTO, and half-day Fridays throughout the summer. Campus life is vibrant and offers free parking, on-site dining options, and a Tim Hortons in a beautiful park-like setting.
Niagara University is a liberal arts university, steeped in the Vincentian and Catholic traditions, with a total enrollment of nearly 4,300 students. Located just a few miles away from one of the world's premier tourism destinations, Niagara Falls, the university occupies a lovely campus overlooking the Niagara River gorge. Its close proximity to major cultural and business centers in Niagara Falls, Buffalo, and Toronto as well as the award-winning Niagara Wine Trail and several nearby cultural destinations make Niagara University an ideal place to work and live. If you'd like to know more, be sure to check out all of the NU Facts.
Under general supervision, the Administrative Assistant will assist with administrative support to accommodate the needs of the office as well as provide secretarial assistance and coordination of functions and activities. Will also provide administrative support to the Justice House Living and Learning Community program.
- Answer telephones, take messages, schedule appointments, and greet visitors;
- Perform general office procedures, catalog material, order supplies as needed, and answer department-related questions;
- Handle correspondence, produce reports (including graphs and charts), presentations, and record minutes of meetings;
- Receive and distribute mail and handle both internal and external campus mailings;
- Submit payroll for peer tutors and student assistants to the payroll department for processing;
- Prepare budget revisions to check requests, purchase orders, and travel authorizations investigate budget changes and payroll vouchers for reimbursement;
- Maintain calendar(s) to schedule appointments, coordinate meetings, and events as needed, and ensure compliance with deadlines; make travel arrangements;
- Utilize Microsoft Office for word processing, database and spreadsheet management, presentations, and other software as applicable;
- Assist with publications including the annual report, program brochures, newsletters, and marketing materials;
- Maintain departmental website and updated as needed;
- Maintain records ensuring completeness and accuracy;
- Respond to all concerns and inquiries when a supervisor is unavailable;
- Maintain confidentiality of information (including but not limited to: student and employee personal information, and student grades, ), both during and after their employment with the University. Any questions regarding the confidentiality of material should be referred to the supervisor. Any violation shall subject the employee to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment;
- Serve as a centralized contact for building maintenance requests;
- Perform other duties as
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: NIAGARA UNIVERSITY OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM:
- Create, update, and monitor various program databases including data entry, code changes, entering information from supplemental data forms, and creating new records and reports as necessary;
- Train, schedule and supervise student aides providing ongoing emphasis on customer service initiatives;
- Review timesheets, maintain records, and process payroll for up to 5 - 15 student tutors, peer mentors, and peer counselors paid through either human resources or college work-study funds;
- Provide Director with bi-weekly tutoring and work-study payroll and budget reports to facilitate budget Monitor the department budget and report irregularities to the supervisor;
- Track attendance of students participating in the Niagara University Opportunity Program's four outreach programs and prepare weekly reports for review by the Director, program staff, and Deans' offices, as appropriate;
- Understand the technology and protocols in Colleague used to run the Satisfactory Academic Progress process three times a year (January, May, August), which alerts both students and university departments of which students are in academic difficulty or on dismissal This process includes generating initial emails and letters to students on SAP, updating the SAP database as needed, and disseminating the information, as appropriate, to university departments for follow up;
- Work with Information Technology staff to utilize and disseminate performance-based information (e.g., grades, registration, transcripts) in Colleague on various student populations to support the work performed by staff and other university personnel doing student outreach and follow up;
- Train staff on an as-needed basis on how to leverage the use of various technologies, such as Outlook, Colleague, Excel, Access, scanning software, NUOP drive, in capturing and preserving data that can support effective and efficient departmental evaluation initiatives and further "green" initiatives.
- Assist staff in maintaining all documents and resources pertaining to the NUOP admissions process; including but not limited to, the Slate database as well as excel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: JUSTICE HOUSES
- Assist with Justice House event logistics
- Provide PR support for events by posting activities to social media
- Assisting current Justice House students with project logistics, including handling of billing and payments, assisting with transportation and food and lodging arrangements, scheduling of events and room reservations
- Interacting with students to assist in building a sense of community, welcoming them into the program, and encouraging student engagement
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and comprehend the English language sufficiently to be able to read and understand various forms, documentation, files, and
- Basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to be able to verify the accuracy of
- Proficiency to handle various office machines including but not limited to: keyboard, calculator, computer, copier, and fax
- Ability to receive telephone calls, respond to inquiries, and effectively communicate with
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office, and ability to learn new computer software
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to perform all essential job functions accurately with minimal direct
- Ability to display sound judgment to ensure timely processing and completion of assigned
- Ability to plan and coordinate
- Ability to be tactful and demonstrate sound judgment when dealing with difficult
- A High School diploma is required with education, training, and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- A minimum of three years of experience performing similar tasks is required;
- Prior work experience in an educational setting is preferred, but not
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!