- Dahlonega, GA, USA
- Full Time
Cigna, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k
New Vision Wilderness Therapy
New Vision Wilderness (NVW) is an effective and exciting alternative for struggling teens, young adults, and their families, and is the premiere wilderness therapy intervention. We are consistently challenging the national therapy frontier. NVW is the home of cutting-edge trauma-informed care & wilderness intervention.
First Light Wilderness Therapy (FLW) is a New Vision Wilderness (NVW) behavioral health program. FLW is an effective and exciting alternative for struggling teens and their families through cutting-edge trauma-informed care & wilderness intervention therapy.
Field Specialist is a core member of the NVW Field Leadership team. The Field Specialist supports all aspects of field operations.
- This position holds a minimum requirement of 1 night/3 days in the field per week.
Oversight of field operations and logistics:
- Training, mentoring, and support of field staff.
- Ensure physical and emotional safety for all staff and students;
- Assist in placement, travel details, and needs of each group
- Assist in enrollments, discharges, observers, and tours as needed.
- Ensure that the program Policies and Procedures are being followed at all times.
- Ensure appropriate and effective behavioral interventions are in place in cooperation with the Clinical Team.
- Work to sustain NVW Core Values and Clinical Modality.
- Fill in direct care as needed based on program needs.
- Scheduled rotating on call shifts
- Hold a bachelor's degree or comparable experience working in the adventure or outdoor field with at-risk youth.
- Possess and maintain current Wilderness First Responder, CPR certification, and must have completed company provided SCM certification (Safe Crisis Management).
- Excellent leadership, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds for extended durations
- Able to pass a Background Criminal Investigation.
- Hold a valid Driver's License with clean driving record.