First Light Wilderness Therapy - A New Vision Wilderness Program
Reports to: Executive Director
New Vision Wilderness (the Outdoor Division for Embark Behavioral Healthcare) is recruiting for dynamic and passionate Industry Leaders to join the mission of developing a brand new Program! NVW has successfully operated specialized OBH program models for over 13 years, and we are looking to expand and enhance upon the existing OBH models currently offered to children and families in need. This is a unique opportunity to get involved from the ground up in a new Wilderness Therapy Program.
New Vision Wilderness Division currently offers: NVW-Deschutes, based in Bend, Oregon and NVW-Northwoods, based in northern Wisconsin. The new program and model has been developed in Georgia and named First Light Wilderness Therapy. Our goal has been to support an experienced leadership team (with the resources and support of NVW Division and Embark Behavioral Health) in developing and creating a new effective Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare Program.
The core purpose of NVW is to Profoundly Change Lives and Create Joy. Our company core values are Empathy, Service, Trusting Relationships, Growth, and Results. We have a dynamic, fun, and enthusiastic team. We offer a competitive salary (negotiable) and robust benefits package (health insurance, life insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k match, paid time off, and more!). NVW believes in providing high quality, innovative treatment within a compassionate environment. Building healthy relationships with our students and their families is a special focus of ours.
The Admissions Director is an integral part of the leadership team and is responsible for the daily operations in the Admissions Department for the East location. The Admissions Director works closely with the admissions team, Executive Director, and Clinical Director to assess potential client appropriateness for program placement. The mission of the role is to support the program in driving admissions. They develop, monitor, and train admission standards and are accountable for the admission protocols, culture, and customer experiences within the admissions process for their program.
- Communicating clearly and working closely with Admissions Team and other departments
- Utilizing customer service and professionalism while working directly with referrals, families, and potential clients
- Answering the Admissions Phone on a regular basis including during on-call hours.
- Gathering information and presenting it in an organized way to admissions team.
- Tracking conversations, phone calls, and emails in a structured format using our databases.
- Scheduling enrollments based on company availability.
- Ensuring all paperwork is sent to potential clients and returned with proper signatures
- Maintaining referral relationships
- Being available for families to answer questions and ensuring a seamless admissions process
- Having an in-depth understanding and knowledge base of NVW and its clinical model
- Collaborating with the outreach team to participate in marketing events.
- Motivated, energetic, and detailed/organized, and a quick learner
- Wilderness therapy experience (preferred)
- NATSAP experience (preferred)
- Ability to work flexibly and independently and respond to customers at any time.
- Confident creating and improving referral and parent relationships and has demonstrated successes with internal and external customer service
- Able to develop and manage systems to promote program safety and efficiency
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Have demonstrated leadership and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to manage parents and referrals in high stress situations with the capacity to empathize while calmly and confidently working with them thru the admissions process
- Strong typing and computer-based technology skills
- Knowledge and experience Microsoft Office Software with the ability to learn software programs associated with the position
- 21+ years old.
- Minimum 3 years experience in related field.
- Able to relocate
- Able to help out with all company needs
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check.
- Clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- Able to respond to the needs of a 24/7 operation.