- Bend, OR, USA
- Full Time
medical,dental,vision,401k, and paid leave
Reports to: Clinical Director
Embark Behavioral Health is a unique organization comprised of extraordinary programs dedicated to bringing the all-time high rates of adolescent anxiety, depression, and suicide to all-time lows while becoming the most recognizable, respected, and valuable behavioral health organization in the world.
Deschutes Wilderness Therapy
Deschutes Wilderness Therapy (DWT) is an effective and exciting alternative for struggling teens, young adults, and their families, and is the premier wilderness therapy intervention. We are consistently challenging the national therapy frontier. DWT is the home of cutting-edge trauma-informed care & wilderness intervention.
DWT is currently seeking applicants for a full time, year-round, Lead Wilderness Therapist at our beautiful Bend Oregon location. The Lead Wilderness Therapist is responsible for overseeing the primary clinical care of Deschutes Wilderness Therapy client.
The Lead Wilderness Therapist is the primary therapist responsible for overseeing clinical care of DWT clients and ensuring follow through of the clinical model. The Lead Wilderness Therapists work a flexible schedule based on programming needs.
At Deschutes, The Lead Wilderness Therapist may carry a caseload of up to 8 wilderness immersion clients. Responsibilities also include, direct care and supervision of clients, completion of daily paperwork. Additionally, the Lead Wilderness Therapist is responsible for outreach, marketing, and taking part in conferences to spread the word about the great work that is happening at DWT and in your group. The Lead Wilderness Therapist participates in clinical intake, case management, individual and group therapy, post-trip clinical summaries and all related paperwork. The Lead Wilderness Therapist is responsible for clinical supervision of clients, timely completion of paperwork, and weekly planning of clinical interventions and assignments. The Lead Wilderness Therapist will provide excellent customer service during weekly phone calls with clients' families and referral partners.
- Master's Degree in counseling-related field required
- State licensed or proof of license eligibility
- 21+ years old
- Two years' experience working in the field with at-risk youth or comparable experience preferred
- Excellent leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds for extended durations and have the ability to walk at least 1 mile over uneven terrain
- Must be able to pass a Background Criminal Investigation
- Must hold a valid driver's license with clean driving record
- First Aid, CPR, and Wilderness First Responder certification preferred
- Access to endless outdoor activities including kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, fishing, climbing, and more
- Canine therapy integrated into treatment
- Work with adolescents and emerging adult population
- Extensive learning opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Team building experiences
- Professional development
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing family of programs
- Opportunity to become an expert in the field of healing trauma and attachment
- Flexible work environment and culture
- Work collaboratively as a member of teams for best outcomes
- Collaboration opportunities with other leading Mental Health Programs
To apply go to: https://newvisionwilderness.applicantpro.com/jobs/1093315.html