- Medford, WI, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401k, Paid Vacation
Reports to: Program Director
Embark Behavioral Health is a unique organization comprised of extraordinary programs dedicated to bringing the all-time high rates of adolescent anxiety, depression, and suicide to all-time lows while becoming the most recognizable, respected, and valuable behavioral health organization in the world.
New Vision Wilderness Therapy
New Vision Wilderness (NVW) is an effective and exciting alternative for struggling teens, young adults, and their families, and is the premiere wilderness therapy intervention. We are consistently challenging the national therapy frontier. NVW is the home of cutting-edge trauma-informed care & wilderness intervention.
Field Specialist is a core member of the NVW Field Leadership team. The Field Specialist supports all aspects of field operations.
- This position holds a minimum requirement of 1 night/3 days in the field per week.
Oversight of field operations and logistics:
- Training, mentoring, and support of field staff.
- Ensure physical and emotional safety for all staff and students;
- Assist in placement, travel details, and needs of each group
- Assist in enrollments, discharges, observers, and tours as needed.
- Ensure that the program Policies and Procedures are being followed at all times.
- Ensure appropriate and effective behavioral interventions are in place in cooperation with the Clinical Team.
- Work to sustain NVW Core Values and Clinical Modality.
- Fill in as field staff as needed based on scheduling needs, and/or staff and student crises.
- Field Specialist will be on call with cell phone and radio and be available to respond to field crisis situations, provide on-call field support assistance to field instructors, and on occasion receive nightly check-ins from field staff.
- Any other duties as assigned by Program Director or Executive Director.
- Must hold a bachelor's degree or comparable experience working in the adventure or outdoor field with at-risk youth is required.
- Must possess and maintain current Wilderness First Responder and CPR certification and must have completed company provided SCM (Safe Crisis Management).
- Excellent leadership, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds for extended durations
- Must be able to pass a Background Criminal Investigation.
- Must hold a valid Driver's License with clean driving record.