- New Brunswick, NJ, USA
- 74000-80000 per year
- Full Time
We offer competitive nonprofit salaries, including incentive compensation based on organizational performance. Robust and family-friendly benefit packages including health, dental, vision, employee assistance program, travel companion, identity protection, disability, salary continuance, and life insurance. Flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care and transportation/transit savings). 401(k) profit-sharing plan. Employee referral bonus program. Discounted employee travel and entertainment benefits. Professional development opportunities and 12 paid for holidays.
Are you a motivated grant writer interested in fundraising for worthy causes? Do you want to make a difference in underserved communities with your detail-oriented mind and top-shelf research skills? If so, we want to talk to you!
The Fund Development Specialist will establish a targeted funders-seeking strategy with a particular focus on the primary grantors and impact investors in our market. The Fund Development Specialist will be a key support in implementing a well-structured resource development strategy to identify, access and sustain adequate capacity and revenue to address NJCC's short- and long-term programmatic, operational and capital priorities.
- Work in coordination with other NJCC lines of business on organizational initiatives and proposals, including large-scale grant and investment proposals, program applications, organizational certifications and ratings processes, and additional funder requests.
- Write, edit, and translate NJCC's diverse work into user-friendly formats for funding proposals and investment communications.
- Conduct extensive research to impact investing, socially-responsible investment (SRI), and other associated resource development methods inherent to the CDFI industry.
- Establish and implement effective methods for raising capital from alternative sources.
- Assist in improving in-house administrative and management systems and processes associated with resource development.
- Work closely with NJCC's communications team to integrate marketing & development activities.
- Attention to detail, strong writing and editing skills, a team-oriented, collaborative outlook, and a fluency in community development strategies.
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising operations, grant and donor management, impact assessment, project coordination or any equivalent combination of education and training.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and fundraising software.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills.
- Must possess a high-level of moral judgment for handling confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Reporting to the office the whole week is required.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required: As of the first day of employment, you must be able to demonstrate proof that you are fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against COVID-19, unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption in accordance with company policy.