- 08-Feb-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefit Pkg
Title: Lead Hampton Roads Site Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Location: Arlington, VA / Pentagon
NetCentrics is a market leader in cybersecurity, enterprise IT, and telecommunications solutions and services. We serve the DoD, DHS, Federal Civilian Agencies, and Intelligence Community. We are a diverse group of intellectually curious people living by our core values while bonded by the shared mission to secure our nation - join us!
You will serve as the Lead Hampton Roads Site Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the NetCentrics information technology (IT) support efforts for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP). You will provide SME support to a customer-focused organization that provides, manages, operates, and maintains IT shared services for the Pentagon and select agencies and organizations in the National Capital Region (NCR).
The JSP performs a wide variety of enterprise support functions in order to meet service requirements. These functions may include server hosting, in which the hardware, software, infrastructure, and maintenance required to host the customer-managed applications are in a consolidated, virtualized environment where JSP manages the server environment up to the operating system and provides operational monitoring and facility support for the operations (OPS) consolidated server rooms (CSRs).
The JSP also supports the DISA Organizational Messaging Service (OMS) which enables organizations to exchange both classified and unclassified information with other organizations within the DoD, other United States (US) Government agencies, Five Eyes countries (US, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand), the 28 North Atlantic Treaty Organization countries, and all countries with US military bases or embassies worldwide.
The JSP Lead Hampton Road VDI shall provide technical ability in supporting the VMWare Virtual Desktop Infrastructure in the National Capital Region.
- Experience in managing VMWare View Horizon in a JSP server and client systems, to include knowledge in future versions
- Experience working in the following:
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise server hardware visualization
- Windows environment on Server 2012, and Windows 7 and/or 10 operating systems environments similar in size and scope of this order
- Applications/systems in clustered environments
- MS AppV, ThinApp, Citrix, and other application virtualization technologies
- MS System Center Configuration Manager for deployment of applications
- Securing Operating Systems to comply with DISA STIGs; network experience configuring and maintaining desktop firewalls
- Obtain/possess certifications for VMWare VDI c) Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of order.
- Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of order.
- BS - (Information Technology Security Management, Telecommunications, or Management Information Systems)
- DoD 8140
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!