- 08-Feb-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Alexandria, VA, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefit Pkg
Title: Junior System Administrator
Location: Alexandria, VA / Mark Center
NetCentrics is a market leader in cybersecurity, enterprise IT, and telecommunications solutions and services. We serve the DoD, DHS, Federal Civilian Agencies, and Intelligence Community. We are a diverse group of intellectually curious people living by our core values while bonded by the shared mission to secure our nation - join us!
You will serve as the Junior System Administrator for the NetCentrics information technology (IT) support efforts for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP). You will provide support to a customer-focused organization that provides, manages, operates, and maintains IT shared services for the Pentagon and select agencies and organizations in the National Capital Region (NCR).
The JSP performs a wide variety of enterprise support functions in order to meet service requirements. These functions may include server hosting, in which the hardware, software, infrastructure, and maintenance required to host the customer-managed applications are in a consolidated, virtualized environment where JSP manages the server environment up to the operating system and provides operational monitoring and facility support for the operations (OPS) consolidated server rooms (CSRs).
The JSP also supports the DISA Organizational Messaging Service (OMS) which enables organizations to exchange both classified and unclassified information with other organizations within the DoD, other United States (US) Government agencies, Five Eyes countries (US, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand), the 28 North Atlantic Treaty Organization countries, and all countries with US military bases or embassies worldwide.
The JSP Junior System Administrator shall have a basic understanding of installing and configuring Windows operating systems. The Junior System Administrator shall have a working knowledge of network protocols, IP addressing, and virtual computing concepts. This position shall also provide assistance with the administration of networking equipment.
- Produce network architectural drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Provide design and implementation support for VMware ESX/VSphere Virtualization Technologies
- Provide design and implementation support for Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Manage all aspects of the project related to systems and technology.
- Facilitate collaboration and cooperation with the primary system vendors.
- Drive innovative technical solutions to meet the system owner's functional requirements.
- Complete technical documentation to design, test, implement, and train transition solutions to operational support.
- Produce documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of hardware, software, and network operating systems.
- Implement systems as needed based on network application requirements.
- Be able to assist with independent verification, validation, and project management for current and future projects.
- Support as needed DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF).
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of related IT systems experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft's infrastructures, including, but not limited to: Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP. n) Knowledge of TCP/IP network design.
- Current, enterprise-class infrastructure/system engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on Client servers utilizing direct-attached and network-attached storage.
- Knowledge of designing, implementing, and managing high availability systems. q) Knowledge of DR solutions and technologies for complex systems. r) Experience with VMware ESX/VSphere Virtualization Technologies (ESXi 6.0 or greater, Virtual Center, P2V Tools) design/management/implementation.
- BS - (Information Technology Security Management, Telecommunications, or Management Information Systems)
- DoD 8140
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!